Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Tobz Tune: 323hp and 373 tq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tobz Tune: 323hp and 373 tq

This is a repost since my first thread got closed for not having the graph posted.

I wanted to finish off my bolt-ons and get a custom tune. So I picked up an AMS downpipe and metallic high flow cat. I also added an AEM wideband, and the CAI portion of my intake. I previously had a mail in flash from Buschur that wasn't compatible with my agp intake, so I threw that on and got a custom tune at Tobz Performance in Denver. He has a Mustang dyno in house, and it cost me half of what the buschur mail in did.

So first off, the parts. The AMS pieces were obviously top notch, high quality. The widemouth downpipe is so pretty, it's almost a shame, since I'll never see it. I love the sound too, a little more throaty and agressive without being annoyingly loud. I'm not sure whether the AGP cold air intake gained anything or not, but at least I can turn on my a/c now without messing up my idle. It does seem to lose less power when it's hot out, although that may be subjective and may be due to other factors.

Lastly, the tune: Tobz Performance is definitely a great place to go for any Evo work, as they specialize in them. You walk in the shop and there is evo after evo sitting around. Gives you a lot of confidence handing someone your keys. Not to mention that Tobz is a great guy, and obviously cares about the customer service portion of his business, as I have had several follow up conversations with him. In addition, he gave me some racing tips, and took me for a test drive when I picked up the car to make sure I was happy with his work.

Here are my list of mods:
AGP Cold air intake
AGP UICP/LICP
AGP FMIC
Buschur cat-back exhaust
AMS Widemouth Downpipe
AMS Metallic High Flow Cat
Hallman MBC
ACT HD Clutch
SSP Master Cylinder 2.0

Tuned with Ecuflash, at 1 mile of elevation, on 91 Octane.

Last time I had my car dyno'd was at Trenz racing on a DynoMITE with 289hp and 302 tq. Post tune results 323HP and 373TQ on a mustang dyno. Thats over 70lbs of torque baby!

I have to say this car is just a beast now. It pulls so hard, in every gear, that it puts a smile on my face every time I floor it.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Tobz is the man. Anyone in Colorado should only go to him! I dont trust anyone else in Colorado with my evo.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

I took my car to TOBZ as well and he's a great tuner!!! Enjoy the torque!!!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:43 PM

I like the torque numbers he is getting
Old Jul 6, 2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63pride
I like the torque numbers he is getting
From what I understand it's the MIVEC maps.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 01:57 AM
Former Sponsor

His BOV was opening a little at peak tq, once we swap that out we will get a little more tq at of it.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:22 AM

I think i'm gonna pick up a Perrin 3 port ECBS, crush the BOV and see what a difference that makes. Probably the last cheap power mods I've got, unless someone has another idea.