Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

4ws Tuning review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fact that your torque is so much lower than your hp looks weird. On the tuned Evo X’s it’s always higher torque with the stock turbo. Maybe you can hit 29 psi for a micro second on the stock turbo, but it’s not making power beyond 25-26 lbs. You need to put your car on a real dyno for these to be comparable numbers.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
The fact that your torque is so much lower than your hp looks weird. On the tuned Evo X’s it’s always higher torque with the stock turbo. Maybe you can hit 29 psi for a micro second on the stock turbo, but it’s not making power beyond 25-26 lbs. You need to put your car on a real dyno for these to be comparable numbers.
This...those numbers don't mean anything really as they have way more variables than even a normal dyno.

I would be willing to bet you are making 350ish just like all the other bolt on X's on a dynojet..not trying to rain on your parade, just being realistic.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
This...those numbers don't mean anything really as they have way more variables than even a normal dyno.

I would be willing to bet you are making 350ish just like all the other bolt on X's on a dynojet..not trying to rain on your parade, just being realistic.
i'm just putting out the numbers that I saw. I can only tell you that with my last tune it was 28 psi and I was getting 330... how much of that may have had to do with a possible boost leak? I don't know.. but the exact same VD said 381 that also told me 330... just to compare. I don't honestly know enough about tuning to know what else to tell you except if I get an opportunity to get to an actual dyno and/or to a strip would the numbers tell more of the story.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
i'm just putting out the numbers that I saw. I can only tell you that with my last tune it was 28 psi and I was getting 330... how much of that may have had to do with a possible boost leak? I don't know.. but the exact same VD said 381 that also told me 330... just to compare. I don't honestly know enough about tuning to know what else to tell you except if I get an opportunity to get to an actual dyno and/or to a strip would the numbers tell more of the story.
Very understandable, I am not calling you out at all or anything. I believe that those are the numbers you saw. However, they are very very easy to change a lot with all sorts of variables.

A 1/4 miles trap speed probably has the least amount of variables.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
Very understandable, I am not calling you out at all or anything. I believe that those are the numbers you saw. However, they are very very easy to change a lot with all sorts of variables.

A 1/4 miles trap speed probably has the least amount of variables.
no that's cool... I was using Brad Barnhills VD (think that's his name) and it SEEMS to be pretty close to the dynojet numbers... how close i'm not sure and like I said... I know nothing about tuning or anything like that so i'm the wrong person to try to debate about it. Like I said, if I run the car (which i'll only do from a roll)... 17k on my clutch and it feels brand new, and i'm not burning it up like that. lol

Last edited by Methodical4u; Nov 5, 2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Perhaps Brad could chime in with any possible back to back testing they may have done with his software vs. an actual dynojet.... i'll send him a message and see if he wouldn't mind doing so.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

As far as doctoring the numbers goes I try to make all the variables used in the calculation visible on the graph. So the person that doctors their run will be easily spotted. I have tested this against multiple dynojets and runs taken right after a dyno jet run and they are VERY close. I know of a couple of tuners that are using it right now, and they didnt just start using it because I said to. They took it and tested it against the other virtual dynos and dyno runs of their cars and ... well it speaks for itself. Does it produce spikes on some cars for unknown reasons ... sure but that has mostly been traced to logger lagging or some other unforseen and unmodifiable variable of some external source. I dont have the logs in front of me and Im about to pass out (3 hrs of sleep in 2 days). I could chime in with graphs and pretty pictures but Id hope some of the tuners would chime in and that way its not my preaching about my product its users defending it.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Any install pics with the ETS intercooler? I'm looking for more pictures for the site.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He tuned my setup also. Made right around 400/400 on a stock 10.5 hotside 8 turbo and e85 Great guy! Better tuner!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Any install pics with the ETS intercooler? I'm looking for more pictures for the site.
Sorry Michael, I had taken a few shots of the stock IC next to the ETS, but I didn't wind up actually taking pics of the install and I honestly don't even know why.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Tamer is shiz! just finished tuning with him last week
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:07 PM

sorry if i missed this but what is your boost peaking at and tapering to at redline with this tune/numbers? Also 93 octane?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

to Tamer! Nice numbers man
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:18 AM

badasss