Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP Black, Buschur 2.0L, GSC S2, 500+whp!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great numbers and congrats on the build. I love your line "first gear is usless"
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 68wsteve
Great numbers and congrats on the build. I love your line "first gear is usless"
hahahaha
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
He has a tubular mani though, I am guessing that is causing the increase in spool. I would agree about the bump and drop, typically people say you should smooth that out and its a bad data point. Great setup and glad you enjoy it man The FP black does own hard.

Remember tubular's shift the powerband typically, more power up top for a little lost down low, worth the gains.

Thanks Dave! I actually tuned the boost down more. only 28 for the street which is more then enough!

Question: have you had problems with dipstick popping out? I heard buschur motors have a lot of blow back and my 2 catchcans arent enough
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, for the dyno session we ziptied it down as the evo 8 a week before with the fpblack popped his out.

Right now they crimped down my dipstick tube to hold it in there Easy mod, but requires you do it carefully.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Red face

Originally Posted by murlo26
Nope, for the dyno session we ziptied it down as the evo 8 a week before with the fpblack popped his out.

Right now they crimped down my dipstick tube to hold it in there Easy mod, but requires you do it carefully.

I did that also and its pops in with some force but shtill pops out. I saw some jdm dipstick brakets online but they are like 30 bucks.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure then...I haven't had problems with it.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by overboostin
Question: have you had problems with dipstick popping out? I heard buschur motors have a lot of blow back and my 2 catchcans arent enough
My BBX setup has popped it twice on the dyno. I have enough crankcase pressure that we're wondering if the rings have a sealing issue. Verdict is still out on that...might have to drill a few more holes in my valve cover. I'm working to re-do my catch cans right now...going to drill out my PCV valve tonight and rely on higher quality crank vents instead.

I'll snap a picture when I get home of what we MacGyvered. We put a hanger designed to hold a line around the part that you pull and then use zip ties on that bracket to hold it down.

Another tip: underfill the oil. If I fill the oil to the bottom line on the dipstick then crimping is enough to hold it. If it is even a 1/2qt higher (between the two lines) then she'll pop.

Does your motor burn oil? Blow it out the exhaust at the end of a pull? My motor wasn't built by Buschur but I am using their pistons w/Cosworth head studs & gasket.

I've contacted Grimmspeed about their Air/Oil Separator but they don't seem in a hurry to do an Evo X version. By all means let me know if you make any progress on the issue!

Last edited by mlomker; Nov 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

overboostin... you should read this thread - "for anyone that has crankcase pressure issues"

Tcompusa might be able to help you as he is having the same issue with his built 2.3 and black... hope this helps
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

back to the spool, I know a tubular will slow it down, but you're spooling 1k later than murlo and myself. I'm on 93 like you, but without meth, so I *should* have the slower spool other than the tubular. Is it really throwing back 1000 rpm? seems like alot compared to the normally quotes 3-400
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
overboostin... you should read this thread - "for anyone that has crankcase pressure issues"
Awesome thread. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
I *should* have the slower spool other than the tubular.
What gear were your pulls in? Earlier in the thread they said that these were 3rd gear, which doesn't spool as well.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:36 PM

This has to be a 3rd gear pull, it doesnt hit 25 psi till about 4300 that is bad for a stock frame turbo.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mlomker
Awesome thread. Thanks for that.
No problem man... That thread is gonna help me, cuz i know im gonna have that problem real soon
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

All pulls in 3rd, it's what everyone always uses. Scary if im adding a tubular for 40ish whp losing 1k of power band. Idk if that's worth it.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

All pulls in 3rd, it's what everyone always uses.
My tuner uses 3rd but quite a few use 4th.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19

Tcompusa might be able to help you as he is having the same issue with his built 2.3 and black... hope this helps
thanks man that helps out a lot!!!!

All pulls in 3rd, it's what everyone always uses. Scary if im adding a tubular for 40ish whp losing 1k of power band. Idk if that's worth it.
the pulls were indeed done in third gear plus tubular mani and thats where we get late spool from. ill be hitting a local dyno jet shortly to compare. 2 pulls in 3rd and 2 pulls in 4th and then well see!!!

Quick Reply: FP Black, Buschur 2.0L, GSC S2, 500+whp!!!