Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2.3 evo x fpred vd graph

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.3 evo x fpred vd graph

This is a vd graph of my evo x 2.3 stroker build on a fpred. The power is about maxed out there might be a little left but any more boost and i run very lean out top. This was done with 50 degree intake temps and this graph should be a good representation of what i will see on english racings dyno based on past experience.

Never mind i didnt know i couldnt copy and paste from the other forum if you want to see it its in the build section over there. I will post a graph here tonight.

Last edited by 3dman1; Feb 23, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Here ya go. These are estimated DJ numbers. My VDR matches up very well with ER's DJ (3rd gear) and Surgeline's MD (4th gear).

Attached Thumbnails 2.3 evo x fpred vd graph-ryan-cobb-ap-20110222-max-boost.gif  
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

wow!! awesome looking graph!

is this on e85? or pump and meth?

edit** never mind...saw in your sig that you run e85!

good job!!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you guys figure out why it was leaning out up top yet again? I know you got it in line at one point then i thought Mr. Fred said it started to lean out again.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

We have not got the afr dialed in just right yet it seems to have drifted about about a half a point lean. for now im just staying out of wot runs. We will play with the blaqops a little more but i dont think thats it.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

I guess it won't do much good for road tuning, but it was really awesome to have on the dyno, totally worth it.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
Did you guys figure out why it was leaning out up top yet again? I know you got it in line at one point then i thought Mr. Fred said it started to lean out again.
I'm outta town for the rest of the week, but we're looking into a few things. So far its not the fuel trims drifting. They are spot-on. It may well just be cold-air induced leaning out. E85 does this pretty badly (I go a full point leaner in the winter on my Evo 9), and it has cooled off significantly including during the tuning session that evening.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

I guess I never logged my car in the winter on E85...but we get E70 here so that usually has an effect on it as well. Also depends on what you were tuned on, e70 vs. e85.

Well, hopefully you guys nail this down, this setup seems awfully fun.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3dman1
This is a vd graph of my evo x 2.3 stroker build on a fpred. The power is about maxed out there might be a little left but any more boost and i run very lean out top. This was done with 50 degree intake temps and this graph should be a good representation of what i will see on english racings dyno based on past experience.

Never mind i didnt know i couldnt copy and paste from the other forum if you want to see it its in the build section over there. I will post a graph here tonight.
Originally Posted by mrfred
Here ya go. These are estimated DJ numbers. My VDR matches up very well with ER's DJ (3rd gear) and Surgeline's MD (4th gear).

JESUS thats a lot of power at low RPM's!

NEWB
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

In the past I had a fueling issue so I rigged up a fuel line with pressure guage that was long enough for me to monitor while makeing a pull. I can dig around in the pats bin and see if I still have it to help rule out a pressure drop issue at WOT if you guys need.