Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

RR EvoX & Akuma Motorsports New Intercooler/intake piping kit

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RR EvoX & Akuma Motorsports New Intercooler/intake piping kit

Lets start with a lil background. I am stationed in MD and after i had sold everything on my car and went back to stock i heard about Akuma doing a test group for their new intercooler/intake pipe kits. I had decided to keep my car so i jump on the test group with hopes to get my power back that i had lost with my previous set up. After i saw how they sent me a "contract" document i knew i was dealing wit a professional bunch of guys.

On April 30th i drove the 3 1/2 hrs to New Jersey and wondered my way into Akuma Motorsports

within no time work had begun.
to do list consisted of:
Akuma UICP
Akuma LICP
Akuma Intake
Synapse Diverter Valve
Ultimate Racing Mini Muffler
Tune
Already on the car:
ARK Performance Catback
Ultimate Racing O2 Downpipe

They are even acrobatic

Finish product

On to the Dyno

John Working his magic <awesome tuner BTW

RESULTS!!
Tuned @ 25psi on a low reading mustang dyno i.e. stock X makes about 210 whp on this dyno

i know its hard to read i don't have a scanner. but it made 300whp and 301 wtq and the boost curve is awesomeness. For a stock turbo it pulls steady and it does not fall completely on its face near redline. I love it.

ALL N ALL: John and his team at Akuma are great. we were there all day but i didn't feel like i was in jail. they kept me informed and allowed me to wonder like a child wit ADD. After the tune John took me on 2 drives wit the laptop and explained EVERYTHING to me that he had done. That alone was just the icing on the cake of my experience there. The Kit itself is top notch down to the couplers. These pipe DO NOT move its great! After leaving that shop not only did i feel like i made power but i felt like i made friends and will make the drive in a heart beat to have them work on my car again. Can not even thing of a Negative about the shop hmmmmm okay i got one, i wish they had better water pressure in the bathroom when i was washing my hands.

when i got home i cleaned my engine bay and added my PW JDM strut bar and switch to my AEM Dry Filter

Last edited by dwhit757; May 2, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old May 2, 2011, 09:20 AM

Is that on stock boost I assume?
Old May 2, 2011, 09:23 AM

25psi stock turbo
Old May 2, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new numbers. You have a clean RR. : )
Old May 2, 2011, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

It was a pleasure working with you on this project. The pics look good, although the shop looks like a disaster...LOL We are moving to a larger shop in June and things are a bit messy right now.

Your car performed flawlessly. It is v ery nice to be able to work on a car that is taken care of as meticulously as yours is. It may sound trivial, but attention to detail in the care of a care, speaks volumes and it makes our job that much easier.

Thanks again and drive that car!

I look forward to seeing you again...in the new shop with better water pressure....lol

Regards,

John
Old May 2, 2011, 09:33 AM

def let me know when the grand opening is, i will bring some of my guys up there...no problem!
Old May 3, 2011, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Awesome post, Adolph! Can't wait to see that beautiful car again. It was soo clean!! Glad everything turned out well.

Dimitri@Akuma