Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TopSpeed Tuned Evo X - Stock Block + FP Red + Grimspeed ECBS = 476whp! **Vid Inside**

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb TopSpeed Tuned Evo X - Stock Block + FP Red + Grimspeed ECBS = 476whp! **Vid Inside**

Hey guys,

We just recently tuned Ryanowarrior's Evo X with an FP Red! The car has a stock motor and tune at 27psi on 93oct pump gas. The car previously made 380whp on OpenEcu and now makes 476whp and 400wtq on the Cobb AccessPort! The Cobb AccessPort is a GREAT tuning tool for the X's in our opinion. Here's some of his mods..

AMS Intake
AMS Intercooler
AMS Intercooler Piping
Unknown Exhaust
AMS O2/Downpipe
AMS Fuel Rail
DW 800cc Injectors
FP Red Turbo
Grimspeed ECBS
Cosworth MX1 Cams
Cobb AccessPort
MAPerformance Tubular Manifold
MAPerformance Rev 3 Intake Manifold
Boomba Intake Manifold Gasket

The car has a GREAT and very linear powerband. Feels awesome on the street and pulls all the way to redline thanks to the Grimspeed ECBS! Ecu controlled boost with the Grimspeed works amazing! Peak boost is 27psi and drops to 26psi at redline. Thanks to all the companies for making such great parts to make a nice powerband.

Now for the Dynograph!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oujvy...el_video_title

Feel free to PM or Email us with ANY questions!
Josh.Chi@TopSpeedTuned.com
Thanks!

-Josh

Last edited by TopSpeed; May 18, 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old May 18, 2011, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey guys we're having some issues uploading the video. It will up very shortly! Sorry for the tease.

-Josh
Old May 18, 2011, 10:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by TopSpeed
The car previously made 380whp on OpenEcu and now makes 476whp and 400wtq on the Cobb AccessPort! The Cobb AccessPort is a GREAT tuning tool and much better than the OpenEcu for the X's in our opinion. Here's some of his mods..

Let's try to be a little bit more of a even educator here. Every tuner knows both those tools do the same exact thing and it's the tuner that makes the difference. Saying that COBB, as a tool, allowed you to make almost 100whp more then OpenECU is not accurate at all and is misinformation in my opinion.

Either way, great results here for the modifications. Car looks great too.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by razorlab
Let's try to be a little bit more of a even educator here. Every tuner knows both those tools do the same exact thing and it's the tuner that makes the difference. Saying that COBB, as a tool, allowed you to make almost 100whp more then OpenECU is not accurate at all and is misinformation in my opinion.

Either way, great results here for the modifications. Car looks great too.
I should've been more clear. I didn't mean that the car gained that much solely due to the Cobb AP. When the car was tuned on OpenEcu, it wasn't finished. So it didn't get the power it could have. The owner could have added a bolt on or two that we don't know about. I was just trying to get a point across that the Evo X OpenEcu isn't as good as they are for the 8/9 and the Cobb AP is much easier to tune on. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Thanks!
-Josh
Old May 18, 2011, 10:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
I should've been more clear. I didn't mean that the car gained that much solely due to the Cobb AP. When the car was tuned on OpenEcu, it wasn't finished. So it didn't get the power it could have. The owner could have added a bolt on or two that we don't know about. I was just trying to get a point across that the Evo X OpenEcu isn't as good as they are for the 8/9 and the Cobb AP is much easier to tune on. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Thanks!
-Josh

Yes that is more clear and a better statement for the community. Thank you.

OpenECU for the 10 is just as powerful as COBB for the 10. They have the exact same features. I'd even argue that OpenECU has more features currently. I'm not trying to start a OpenECU vs. COBB debate here at all, just making sure the community gets the proper view point from their tuners.

So again, please try to be a even educator here. They are both different tools for the very same end result.

Last edited by razorlab; May 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

OpenECU for the 10 is just as powerful as COBB for the 10. They have the exact same features. I'd even argue that OpenECU has more features currently. I'm not trying to start a OpenECU vs. COBB debate here at all, just making sure the community gets the proper view point from their tuners.

So again, please try to be a even educator here. They are both different tools for the very same end result.
I don't want to get into a OpenEcu vs. Cobb debate either which is why I did state that it was our opinion. I apologize for any confusion and misunderstandings. Edited first post.

-Josh
Old May 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you for setting the record straight.
Old May 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

i see the owner of this car building his engine soon, with those parts and numbers, hes going to want MORE lol... looks good enjoy
Old May 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the replies guys! Josh has done a great job letting you guys know what we have going on here, I have a video to post, and I have to apologize for not getting it up sooner for him.

Here is the delayed video

~Cicio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oujvy...el_video_title
Old May 18, 2011, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVO X 6950
i see the owner of this car building his engine soon, with those parts and numbers, hes going to want MORE lol... looks good enjoy
From my experience, that's the way it is with these cars... ALWAYS want more power! I definitely see a clutch in the very near future for sure.. This car is on the stock clutch and I don't see it lasting long!

-Josh
Old May 18, 2011, 08:02 PM

Thanks for all the great work guys....im still shocked the car made this much power its insane, i love it

thanks for hookin me up Cicio and yes you were RIGHT lol
thanks for the awsome tune Doug
josh nice to meet ya and takin care of me "and yes i know ima need a clutch SOON"

P.S im rockin the LIME GREEN STICKER haha
Old May 18, 2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ryanowarrior
Thanks for all the great work guys....im still shocked the car made this much power its insane, i love it

josh nice to meet ya and takin care of me "and yes i know ima need a clutch SOON"

you drive like a grandma!
Old May 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ryanowarrior

Nice to meet you too! Let me know what you think of those prices I sent ya

-Josh
Old May 19, 2011, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Nice build. Glad we could be a part of the fuel system!

I think it needs a DW301 in the tank, though.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:05 AM

Nice to meet you too! Let me know what you think of those prices I sent ya

-Josh
i will cause ya know it wont be long lol

Originally Posted by DeatschWerks
Nice build. Glad we could be a part of the fuel system!

I think it needs a DW301 in the tank, though.
thanks for a great product!!
give me a sponsor deal and i'll have it in there

Quick Reply: TopSpeed Tuned Evo X - Stock Block + FP Red + Grimspeed ECBS = 476whp! **Vid Inside**