Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

GTX30 Turbo delivers 450 whp on STM's Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Was different fires and different shops that worked on it. I personally went through the entire engine bay to make sure it was all 100% good to go not a week before this happened, just goes to show that disaster can strike at any time no matter how carefull you are. I got some more pictures of the destruction today, will post them Wednesday when I get the chance. Still waiting on the final totals of what was damaged, it won't be a short list.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really sorry to hear that... hope they cover. A friend of mine had something similar happen and his claim was denied because car was built for "racing" gs fought a while before the car was fixed.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

Hate to hear about the fire and the damage. Hope you're up and running soon.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:09 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fire.

Any chance we could get a full mod list?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, man

I'd have to guess a leak at the fuel rail inlet...that'll drip right on your throttle body and then down. I've had that before. Most people don't even carry a fire extinguisher so it sounds like you were better prepared than most of us would have been.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 06:30 PM

fire

sorry to hear about that chris
Old Jun 5, 2011, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mlomker
Oh, man

I'd have to guess a leak at the fuel rail inlet...that'll drip right on your throttle body and then down. I've had that before. Most people don't even carry a fire extinguisher so it sounds like you were better prepared than most of us would have been.
Yes it helped to have the extinguisher, but honestly a full fire supression system would have minimized damage MUCH more. The small hand held extinguisher only lasted like 15 seconds of spraying and without someone coming along that had a larger extinguisher the car would have more than likely been totally engulfed in flames before the fire department would have arrived. Of course the real solution would be to avoid any risk of fire in the first place.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Sorry to hear about the fire.

Any chance we could get a full mod list?
Full mod list is at my site via the link in my signature, I gave up a while back trying to list it all manually.

http://www.teamiglooracing.org/?page_id=51

Seeing that my car will be down for a while I decided to get an Outlander Sport SE with 4wd for a good winter capable daily driver. It's got the basic 4B11 normally aspirated engine but slightly lighter than the Evo X. I'm already starting to figure out some of the fuel, timing and Mivec tables to improve the tune for power and MPG. The car will be setup as a reliable mode of transport while the Evo will be the fun car. Considering it will take some time with rental car costs stacking up I decided to take advantage of the .9% interest and good pricing I could get. The 29-31 MPG highway mileage were among the best in it's class plus it has some Evo like looks to it.

Last edited by Hiboost; Jun 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM.