Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BeaterX: BBX on e85

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I have one of these turbos ready to go on so I would like to see it run correctly on the Dyno Dynamics in Shoot44 Mode where CF and other parameters are locked down and I can also see the AT: and IT: numbers at the bottom of the graph charts (Ex Dyno Dynamics Dyno owner)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:48 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 01CBR929
530 would be a lot on a dyno dynamics for sure!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ct-524whp.html

I would love to go e85 if my single could handle it with a BAP. I just dont see any twin setups I like that retain a surge tank of some sort. Of course I would get a blaqops kit.

Not trying to jack your thread... awesome results!
Well FWIW your results are VR dynojet...I don't have numbers like that but theoretically they are only slightly over what you are making. I'd bet that adding a BAP and making sure you had the pressure-relief mod done to your walbro would be nearly enough for your car on e85, might consider doing a fuel rail at the same time...there is a restriction somewhere in the standard X fuel system and I'm not sure where it is, but you should be able to run 30psi on your setup.

Originally Posted by 01CBR929
So what did you do to wire up the dual pump model to the single pump in your car? (specifically betwen the BAP and the pump)

Or... did you get what looks like a 40 amp single pump model(pulled from their price list http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf )?
"KB89069 KIT 249.00 BOOST-A-PUMP 40 AMP (ALL VEHICLES - SUPERCHARGED / TURBOCHARGED) SPECIFY VEHICLE"
Sorry for the confusion, I have the 40amp single pump version.

Originally Posted by Conrad
I have one of these turbos ready to go on so I would like to see it run correctly on the Dyno Dynamics in Shoot44 Mode where CF and other parameters are locked down and I can also see the AT: and IT: numbers at the bottom of the graph charts (Ex Dyno Dynamics Dyno owner)
Go for it. I have nothing to hide, look at other dyno plots from this dyno, stock cars make ~230whp, tuned pump gas stock turbo (evo) cars make ~300whp, e85 stock turbo cars make ~350whp, and fp blacks make ~480-520whp. This is your typical low-reading 1.0 CF dyno dynamics dyno (as stated). My drag numbers back up my dyno numbers, real world factors considered
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Scheides! Looks like a beast! Looks like Shane did a awesome job!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Go for it. I have nothing to hide, look at other dyno plots from this dyno, stock cars make ~230whp, tuned pump gas stock turbo (evo) cars make ~300whp, e85 stock turbo cars make ~350whp, and fp blacks make ~480-520whp. This is your typical low-reading 1.0 CF dyno dynamics dyno (as stated). My drag numbers back up my dyno numbers, real world factors considered
Go for what?

I merely asked for a graph of the car run correctly on the Dyno Dynamics in shoot44 mode? Shoot44 is the correct method to run a car on that type of dyno, I like to see figures based on that so i make valid comparison to the dyno dynamics results here in the UK.

I dont doubt the capabillity of these turbos or I wouldnt have bought one for my own car
Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:30 AM
EvoM Moderator

Heh I was just saying that if you want to see what a BBX does on shoot44 mode then it'll probably have to be your own numbers. I'll see if I can get them from DB Performance but idk if you can go back and convert a 'regular' run to a different shootout mode, I'll ask him. I urge you though, be careful looking at corrected numbers, it tends to get a bit silly. This is 1.0CF, I listed what other cars with various mod levels make on this dyno and that is exactly what you should do on your own. Comparing numbers between dynos and expecting results to be more accurate than about 5% if officially bench racing...I gave that up last year

2010 Bench Racer's League
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I urge you though, be careful looking at corrected numbers, it tends to get a bit silly. This is 1.0CF, I listed what other cars with various mod levels make on this dyno and that is exactly what you should do on your own. Comparing numbers between dynos and expecting results to be more accurate than about 5% if officially bench racing...

It's true you can't compare numbers between dynos, or even between different days on the same dyno. So, that's where your comment about CF does not make sense. Surely you don't expect your exact car to have identical numbers in July and January? Or when it's hot and humid vs cool and dry? Or, to compare a ballpark number for a car at 200 feet above sea level vs one at 2,000 feet?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:24 AM
EvoM Moderator

Nope I sure don't! A dyno run is a snapshot of the car in its current state of power output. Temp and all other variables are fine, everything changes, including myself. Sometimes it's enough to make me wonder why we even have a dyno forum and waste our time bickering about these things I listed it as 1.0CF because that's what it is. Some shops run 1.2CF and don't say so...that is even more silly IMHO but they sure thump their chests with the numbers they produce!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
It's true you can't compare numbers between dynos, or even between different days on the same dyno. So, that's where your comment about CF does not make sense. Surely you don't expect your exact car to have identical numbers in July and January? Or when it's hot and humid vs cool and dry? Or, to compare a ballpark number for a car at 200 feet above sea level vs one at 2,000 feet?
You seem to be struggling here so let me help you out.....

Use Shoot44 Mode on dyno dynamics, that locks the major parameters down including CF and ramp rate (ramp rate ensures each car gets the same loading and makes spool comparable).

Time of year makes no difference, the DD dyno uses weather parameters, Barametric Pressure, Air temp (AT) and Intake Temp (IT) and applies its own correction factors so that your car should produce the same numbers whatever the weather conditions

Nope I sure don't! A dyno run is a snapshot of the car in its current state of power output. Temp and all other variables are fine, everything changes, including myself. Sometimes it's enough to make me wonder why we even have a dyno forum and waste our time bickering about these things I listed it as 1.0CF because that's what it is. Some shops run 1.2CF and don't say so...that is even more silly IMHO but they sure thump their chests with the numbers they produce!
But thats exactly the point, Shoot44 is there to lock things down and make the "same dyno" comparable between shops and stops all this nonsense of adjusting CF
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice! I may consider the BBX since full kits can get pretty pricey.