Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Kracka's MAP EF2X turbo dyno results - 416WHP on pump gas!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Yea I didn't think his supporting list was "weak" really, lol. And on E85 you don't need as much to max turbos out, just need moar boost.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I'm sure the stock intercooler and piping wasn't helping lol
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
I don't think anyone has said the EF2 makes more top end and I would be surprised to hear people think that.

The FPgreen is a bigger turbo, its laggier and has more top end. The EF2 for a quick response turbo has most of the bang for less lag.

The stock frame turbo world is simple...if you want more power you get more lag. I haven't seen much at all to show that people can magically make more power with one vs another without sacrificing something. It's all about balance in the stock frame world imo.
Lol for gods sakes guys. I quoted the guy who said the EF2 was making more top end than the green. I wasn't saying Kracka, or anyone else, said or thought that.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I <3 the internet
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
I put off some of these supporting mods when I did my BBX because I wanted to keep my car as simple as possible...long story short I never saw the numbers out of it I wanted until I had a bigger fmic, pipes, and manifold done.
What kind of numbers did you see on the BBX Lite after the supporting bolt ons were added? I'm torn between the EF2 and the BBX. If you have a build thread I'd love to check it out!

Kracka that power curve and spool up looks amazing Looks like the EF2 is treating you great.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zerofour1223
What kind of numbers did you see on the BBX Lite after the supporting bolt ons were added? I'm torn between the EF2 and the BBX. If you have a build thread I'd love to check it out!

Kracka that power curve and spool up looks amazing Looks like the EF2 is treating you great.
I was having the same debate, between the Lite and EF2. I'm going to be purchasing the EF2; it spools nicer, and makes similar top-end power. I'll take a little less top-end power, in exchange for near stock spool.

The EF2 seems to be making a solid 60-80 more WTQ at 3k vs the BBX-Lite and its top-end gains are very similar, and in some cases better. I also think that has a little to do with Kracka's porting, but regardless they should be very close.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
I was having the same debate, between the Lite and EF2. I'm going to be purchasing the EF2; it spools nicer, and makes similar top-end power. I'll take a little less top-end power, in exchange for near stock spool.

The EF2 seems to be making a solid 60-80 more WTQ at 3k vs the BBX-Lite and its top-end gains are very similar, and in some cases better. I also think that has a little to do with Kracka's porting, but regardless they should be very close.

I don't really understand why people are so concerned with figures like that. That wtq at 3k rpm is achieved by flooring the car at 2k rpms. Why the hell would you ever do that on the street? Downshift into 2nd
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:49 PM

^Figures like that determine response on the street and in DD. It's all good to say things like "just downshift" and wait for the power but that's a mindset for the track. When your merging on the freeway you want the power to come in as soon as possible. I can't drive around at 4000 rpm in heavy traffic all the time.

Most turbos on the market are just marketing driven peak number deals, the ultimate turbo for the street is determined by it's general performance curve.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Keep in mind that Scheides has a BBX, not a BBX Lite. The BBX is more in line with an EF3 I believe.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by discogodfather
^Figures like that determine response on the street and in DD. It's all good to say things like "just downshift" and wait for the power but that's a mindset for the track. When your merging on the freeway you want the power to come in as soon as possible. I can't drive around at 4000 rpm in heavy traffic all the time.

Most turbos on the market are just marketing driven peak number deals, the ultimate turbo for the street is determined by it's general performance curve.
^This is very true. I've driven Kracka's car after he got the EF2 installed and I'm more than impressed with how responsive that turbo is.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HAHAV8

Im with you on prioritizing spool over peak #s, was that compared to a ported Lite? I'm starting to lean more towards the EF2 as well because you can get the compressor housing and turbine housing ported, as well as a thermal coating for the same price as the ported Lite. Well 80 dollars more but basically the same price.

Originally Posted by rmondoh
Keep in mind that Scheides has a BBX, not a BBX Lite. The BBX is more in line with an EF3 I believe.
Ah thanks, I thought he had the Lite, and yes your right that'd be more in line with the EF3

Last edited by Zerofour1223; Dec 30, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jyamona
I don't really understand why people are so concerned with figures like that. That wtq at 3k rpm is achieved by flooring the car at 2k rpms. Why the hell would you ever do that on the street? Downshift into 2nd

Like mentioned before, I like to keep it as streetable as possible. I don't want to have to downshift everytime I feel the need to pass on the highway in 5th, I like how I can lean into a bit and that 280 ft-lbs gets me easily past another car. Since 3k is what I'm normally cruising at its nice to have the power on command. Not to mention in traffic if you ever need to avoid someone from hitting you, you'll easily have the power on tap to get out of the way.

Plus why want more lag for nearly the same top-end, doesn't make sense to me for a car that will be on the street 99% of its life.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:44 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

As rmondo stated, I have the BBX not BBX Lite. IMHO If you are on stock block and intend to stay that way the BBX Lite or EF2 are the turbos to get. Search for posts by me in the dyno section here to see gains I've had at various stages, I won't clutter this thread.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
As rmondo stated, I have the BBX not BBX Lite. IMHO If you are on stock block and intend to stay that way the BBX Lite or EF2 are the turbos to get. Search for posts by me in the dyno section here to see gains I've had at various stages, I won't clutter this thread.
Aren't you supposed to be on call right now?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:54 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
Aren't you supposed to be on call right now?
Why do you think I was posting at 4am? :P

Know what would be fun? E85 ralliart with an EF2X. Hrm.....

Quick Reply: Kracka's MAP EF2X turbo dyno results - 416WHP on pump gas!