Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Kracka's MAP EF2X turbo dyno results - 416WHP on pump gas!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to install my EF2.. I'm just waiting on an intercooler and then it'll be time to tune!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

those are hell of a nice number!! you making that power on stock internals? if you are, how many miles on the stock internals? just asking im a bit hesitant to do anymore mods, seems like too many people breaking rods with way lower torque and hp than what youre doing.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jubey97
those are hell of a nice number!! you making that power on stock internals? if you are, how many miles on the stock internals? just asking im a bit hesitant to do anymore mods, seems like too many people breaking rods with way lower torque and hp than what youre doing.
Yes he's stock internals, he's got over 35k miles. Car runs very well.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
If your tuner knows how to keep the motor together the stock internals should be fine.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cursedsm
If your tuner knows how to keep the motor together the stock internals should be fine.
Easier to do on a 4g63 as every internet tuner has stolen good base maps lol.

People are still learning on the 4b11, but there are good tuners out there.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
Easier to do on a 4g63 as every internet tuner has stolen good base maps lol.

People are still learning on the 4b11, but there are good tuners out there.
I really wasnt just saying that about the 4g motors its about all motors. I mean I saw my first x piston and rod and head the other day and all I can say is wow. I thought the 8 and 9 stuff was tiny these are toothpicks compaired to what I have for internals. All in all though it applys to everything ya know.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
~45k miles, stock internals and stock clutch! I just returned yesterday from a 2,532 mile trip to northern Minnesota and back It didn't burn a drop of oil and ran flawlessly the entire time; even sitting in stop & go traffic in Oklahoma in 110F air temps and blazing sun. The A/C kept pumping ice cold and the idle was rock solid the entire time.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
~45k miles, stock internals and stock clutch! I just returned yesterday from a 2,532 mile trip to northern Minnesota and back It didn't burn a drop of oil and ran flawlessly the entire time; even sitting in stop & go traffic in Oklahoma in 110F air temps and blazing sun. The A/C kept pumping ice cold and the idle was rock solid the entire time.
show off
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
If you still have the stock clutch, you aren't making enough power.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
At this power level he's faster then 99% of the other cars out there. Having more power at 7k rpm plus does not make the car practically faster as a daily driver. Sure, a 600 hp monster will kick *** on a track or drag strip. But a light to light, freeway ramp, a short jaunt on the local tollway without having to downshift; this car is tough to beat.

Also he drives like a normal person, not a complete tard, and yes if you burn thru your stock clutch at 12k miles on the street you need to have your toys taken away.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
No, it just means I don't launch the car, rev-match my downshifts, don't ride the clutch leaving a stop, and overall just know how to properly drive a manual transmission. It's an art that escapes many.

*edit*
I also give a lot of credit to removing the stock clutch slave cylinder restrictor pill at 3k miles before heavily modding/tuning the car.

Last edited by Kracka; Aug 1, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
No, it just means I don't launch the car, rev-match my downshifts, don't ride the clutch leaving a stop, and overall just know how to properly drive a manual transmission. It's an art that escapes many.
Aint that the truth.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks very much Kracka for sharing your experiences in detail. My wife is enamored with stock spool and had a strong distaste for the drivability of my 600/465 35R VIII. We will almost surely opt for one of these turbochargers on her '10 MR as it's rapidly reaching the limitations of the stock turbo and she'd like to make as much as she can without much compromise elsewhere.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

hows the car holding up? thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Thanks very much Kracka for sharing your experiences in detail. My wife is enamored with stock spool and had a strong distaste for the drivability of my 600/465 35R VIII. We will almost surely opt for one of these turbochargers on her '10 MR as it's rapidly reaching the limitations of the stock turbo and she'd like to make as much as she can without much compromise elsewhere.
She'll love it, that I can promise you!
hows the car holding up? thanks.
~46k miles and still rolling

Quick Reply: Kracka's MAP EF2X turbo dyno results - 416WHP on pump gas!