Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Kracka's MAP EF2X turbo dyno results - 416WHP on pump gas!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jyamona
The thing is, throwing in cams and rev'ing it out you don't know if the turbo would run out of breath and have the power curve start dropping off...it has to peak somewhere lol. And running it wayy out of it's efficiency range just to hit a number wouldn't be smart
So this is why the 400S package is no longer on the Cobbtuning site!.. I'm wanting this turbo already!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 08:51 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Elkewlbeanz
So this is why the 400S package is no longer on the Cobbtuning site!.. I'm wanting this turbo already!
One of the things about the 400s being gone is the turbo choice that was on it. FP Green. Due to the lovely (sarcasm) weather conditions that happened in Japan, the FP products are on a massive back order and it became impossible to supply the FP green/red. At the moment there are NO FP greens/reds that can be acquired but cobb does have a some FP blacks left (as of this saturday when I was at cobb plano).

This turbo is actually amazing, when I decide to finish my stage 3 I probably will go with this one instead of the FP red bb (new ball bearing) as I was thinking of going but who knows when FP will be solid in business in the US again... Hopefully soon enough...

The more power you put down the less reliable things get, Kracka pushing a little bit more might be fine but more like 10/20 more hp without having to worry about reliability at all. Just because he isnt doesnt mean that the turbo wont The turbo is a beast, I think it being released soon enough is an extremely dangerous competitor for the FP haha, good marketing move btw :P MAP's a great company so are the people working there, so are their products. Ei: the turbo is a beast and perfect for DD or even track car!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the kind words sir
Old Nov 1, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

How are you liking the new found power thus far? How does it feel on the streets, is it enough power? Should be an 11 second car now, I'd imagine, no problem.

Hows the clutch liking this power so far? Any issues, how long do you see it lasting?

What clutch do you plan on upgrading to? Exedy stage 2?

Sorry for 20 questions, just liking your setup and something very similar may be in the near future.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
In Houston for a work conference enjoying free beer...I'll try and answer your questions later this evening!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
How are you liking the new found power thus far? How does it feel on the streets, is it enough power? Should be an 11 second car now, I'd imagine, no problem.

Hows the clutch liking this power so far? Any issues, how long do you see it lasting?

What clutch do you plan on upgrading to? Exedy stage 2?

Sorry for 20 questions, just liking your setup and something very similar may be in the near future.
I'm loving it and it feels great! The powerband is fantastic with a great torque curve and horsepower than pulls hard all the way to redline. "Is it enough power?" is a very loaded question. Everyone always wants more...but I think 400 is the perfect amount for a reliable daily-driver. The car is fast, pulls hard, and spools wickedly quick. I drive a lot and need my car to never let me down so above all else it must remain reliable and comfortable to drive.

So far so good on the stock clutch...nearing 27k miles on it. I did remove the clutch restrictor pill at 3k miles which I think has really helped it live a good life since that eliminates the built-in slippage which can cause excessive wear. I have no reason to think it's end is near so I'm going to keep driving it and we'll see how far it takes me.

When/if it does come time to upgrade the clutch I'll probably go with something with 400+ daily-drivability in mind such as the Clutchmasters FX300, Spec Stage 2+, or WORKS CK2.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:13 PM

This is exactly what I'm looking for!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your input Kracka, its nice to know you're liking it.

Like I said before, I agree 400whp is a really nice number for a car that is a daily. I think pushing alot more power than that, and you're just asking for trouble. Plus your torque isn't too high, another reason why I don't really see how this is any different for the clutch than stock turbo, because that extra power way up top is not putting that much more strain on the clutch.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
I'm loving it and it feels great! The powerband is fantastic with a great torque curve and horsepower than pulls hard all the way to redline. "Is it enough power?" is a very loaded question. Everyone always wants more...but I think 400 is the perfect amount for a reliable daily-driver. The car is fast, pulls hard, and spools wickedly quick. I drive a lot and need my car to never let me down so above all else it must remain reliable and comfortable to drive.

So far so good on the stock clutch...nearing 27k miles on it. I did remove the clutch restrictor pill at 3k miles which I think has really helped it live a good life since that eliminates the built-in slippage which can cause excessive wear. I have no reason to think it's end is near so I'm going to keep driving it and we'll see how far it takes me.

When/if it does come time to upgrade the clutch I'll probably go with something with 400+ daily-drivability in mind such as the Clutchmasters FX300, Spec Stage 2+, or WORKS CK2.
Great to hear that you still like it!! I was very annoyed at the track last summer with stock turbo; felt like I was drowning the car after 5K RPM, evidenced by my dyno graph.. Anything that feels worse compared to stock turbo? I am very seriously considering this turbo right before the next track season opens up for Pacific Northwest I am also wondering how it would perform without your IM/misc. porting jobs; I guess we'll have to see others posting results for that..

BTW, why FX300? I am also considering Clutchmasters when it gives up, have similar power goals, and thought FX200 would be a better fit. If I'm not missing anything, it keeps the same clutch feel, and significantly more than OEM (and sufficient) clamping capacity for us.

Last edited by oozkarao; Nov 2, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking the Exedy stage 2 HD, the price isn't bad either. Maybe i'll do some more research into, but for now my stocker is perfectly fine.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Exedy Stage 2 is horrible for a daily-driver, not streetable at all in my opinion. I drove one once.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:58 PM

My EF3 shipped today hopefully will be installed and tuned by end of saturday
Old Nov 2, 2011, 07:45 PM

^ sweet cant wait to see how the EF3 goes!!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oozkarao
Anything that feels worse compared to stock turbo?

BTW, why FX300? I am also considering Clutchmasters when it gives up, have similar power goals, and thought FX200 would be a better fit. If I'm not missing anything, it keeps the same clutch feel, and significantly more than OEM (and sufficient) clamping capacity for us.
Nope, nothing. Spool and transient response is just as good as the stock turbo.

The Clutchmasters FX300 is similar to the WORKS CK2 and Spec Stage 2+ in design, which are all also similar in design to the Comp Stage 3 which I had in my IX. Segmented Kevlar for good holding power, but with a stock flywheel the drivability should be easy enough to manage.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Video!

http://youtu.be/vOcuRmwCFuA

Quick Reply: Kracka's MAP EF2X turbo dyno results - 416WHP on pump gas!