Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Best Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea correct me if i'm wrong but I would think that those with fast key dont' need an alarm?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R0ME0
yea correct me if i'm wrong but I would think that those with fast key dont' need an alarm?
Fast Key really only has the same capability as the previous generation's immobilizer. If the remote is in the car it starts and if not it doesn't. That is not enough by any means. Especially if your car is exposed a lot. Just dropped off my car last night to get the alarm, remote start, and also getting the clear bra.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has any one installed a car alarm/remote start on their Evo X with Fast Key? Details? Is it even possible?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
Has any one installed a car alarm/remote start on their Evo X with Fast Key? Details? Is it even possible?
Yes it is possible. Mine is gettin done as we post. Should be done tomorrow or Thursday.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Acewolf
Im in south florida, and have already had more looks at my EVO X, than at my Z06 in 2 years So my options are Clifford, AutoPage, or Viper alarms. I dont know model numbers yet, but I know they installation place was waiting for a 08 spec sheet update to confirm the use of my SSS fast key to go with the auto start feature of the alarm system.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions let them roll.

Thanks
Acewolf you ever get an alarm?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:17 AM

Yes, Ive been out of the country for almost a month with the X sleeping in my garage at home. But yes I did get an alarm installed, a while back.

I went with Autopage 1000 with additional proximity sensors, and am actually going back on monday to have them install the module for the Fast Key keyless entry. I hate having both remotes in my pocket.

I will respond once autostart feature is enabled.

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Ok so I got my car back with the alarm. Went to open the doors with remote and the alarm went off. So I realized I have to hold downt he button for 2 sec. So I did that. There does seem to be an issue with the alarm remote interfering with the fastkey, as someone mentioned in this thread. Once u seperate them it is ok but otherwise my dash will say "Key is not present". I took one of my fast keys and left it at home. Then I started driving to work and saw key is not present and could not get it to go away. So rather than taking chances I went back and got that key. I have yet to check it out thoroughly. I know in order for the remote start to work you do a sequence of events before shutting off the car, like pull ebrake a certain amount of times. This enables the remote starting capabilities. Still getting a feel for this thing .
Old Mar 28, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Ok question to fast key owners. If you start your car with the remote start, can some one just jump in your car and drive off??? or will it need fast key verification?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
Ok question to fast key owners. If you start your car with the remote start, can some one just jump in your car and drive off??? or will it need fast key verification?
Needs fast key. First off the doors are locked. As soon as you press the brake the car shuts off and says key not present.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

My alarm works great! Got used to it now. And as far as the remote start is concerned I can start my car from a really impressive distance also.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by junction
My alarm works great! Got used to it now. And as far as the remote start is concerned I can start my car from a really impressive distance also.
details please! I woould love to do this. So you don't need your fastkey anymore?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
details please! I woould love to do this. So you don't need your fastkey anymore?
You do need the fast key still to be able to start the car when in it. Otherwise the ignition will not unlock. The two remotes do interfere with each other so you have to separate them when starting your car.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Acewolf
Yes, Ive been out of the country for almost a month with the X sleeping in my garage at home. But yes I did get an alarm installed, a while back.

I went with Autopage 1000 with additional proximity sensors, and am actually going back on monday to have them install the module for the Fast Key keyless entry. I hate having both remotes in my pocket.

I will respond once autostart feature is enabled.

Thanks
Forgive me for bringing a seemingly comatose thread back up again, but Acewolf, did you ever get that module installed that allowed you to leave your Fastkey at home? I would love to have my cake and eat it too (Fastkey functionality, Remote Start, and Alarm)
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jblade
Forgive me for bringing a seemingly comatose thread back up again, but Acewolf, did you ever get that module installed that allowed you to leave your Fastkey at home? I would love to have my cake and eat it too (Fastkey functionality, Remote Start, and Alarm)
+1

I am interested in this actually also! Two remotes is too much to carry all the time!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

bump! Hey Acewolf are you out there? In addition to my previous question I'd like to know what the part number/name of the module is that would replace the factory FastKey?

Quick Reply: Best Alarm?