Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Best Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Alarm?

Im in south florida, and have already had more looks at my EVO X, than at my Z06 in 2 years So my options are Clifford, AutoPage, or Viper alarms. I dont know model numbers yet, but I know they installation place was waiting for a 08 spec sheet update to confirm the use of my SSS fast key to go with the auto start feature of the alarm system.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions let them roll.

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aren't Clifford & Viper both made by Directed Electronics & pretty much do the same thing? I had a Python 871xp & loved it. It had remote start which turned on the heat or air conditioning. It had a decent range also. The only issue w/that is a place like Circuit City or Best Buy probably won't want to install it on a manual, but it is possible. They're afraid of someone leaving the car in gear & lurching forward. The other bad part is that it could void an engine warranty, if the problem can be traced to the remote start. The 871xp runs about $375 + $50 for another remote if you buy it on eBay, otherwise it's over $100.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
compustar have updated their website and have the proseries which has a lot of features and computrack to page you to your cellphone if the alarm remote is out of range. it is very reliable and safe for manual transmissions.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 04:19 PM
Account Disabled

+1 Good info.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:51 PM

dei do make clifford and viper and python, and hornet, and valet, and a bunch of other brand... but

clifford is different from viper.
but viper and python are the same thing thing.

but back on subject I would reccommend a compustar pro series unit. The spread spectrum PRO unit if you can afford it. It has some pretty cool features some already mentioned... but the one I like is the feature where you can knock in a code on this pager (on your car). that will open the door... just in case you lock your keys in your car.

not to mention they are safe for a manual (car) remote start.. (I do not know I to phrase that any better I hope you get it.)
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
Account Disabled

Yup, I would say look up the Viper 5002, it's their best alarm and it's relatively in-expensive.....
Old Mar 3, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

does evo x comes with an alarm system?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

^Nope. It comes w/the Fast Key keyless entry, if you get the SSS package on the X GSR. Fast Key comes w/the MR as a default, you don't pay extra.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In order to not void the warranty do you "have" to go through the dealer? I was quoted a pretty high price from the one dealer that got back to me. I asked for the top of the line model with all the extras including remote start. I was quoted at $1100 . Couple other dealers will be calling me back Monday. They don't use the normal retail brand alarms (Viper, Compustar...) at the dealers from what I can tell.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Anti-theft security alarm system is standard on Evo X. It is stated on Mitsubishicars.com and I tested it. There is a little red light blinker right next to airbag light indicator.
However, Im sure aftermarket will be way better.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

i just put on a Viper 791 XV ..........FYI for everyone the 2 way pager cant be right next to the stock pager cause it interfears with starting the car
Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda2EVO
i just put on a Viper 791 XV ..........FYI for everyone the 2 way pager cant be right next to the stock pager cause it interfears with starting the car
So do you have the Fast Key on your car? If so, how does the key fob work w/the new alarm; do you have to have 2 sets of remotes then - Fast Key & Viper?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 06:21 PM

i got the evo x in canad and in the owners manual it states that your key has a computer chip built into it that uses radio frequencies. If the key isn't close to the ignition it won't start. thats why if you have the fast key system the key stays in the ignition. In canada we don't get fast key so i am kinda stuck. I want to get the compustar but the remote start feature will never work untill i get the fast key system or compustar works something around the ignition system problem. NBPAL400 is right about the blinker, i tested the security system out on the car and it works, but there are better out there.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by junction
In order to not void the warranty do you "have" to go through the dealer? I was quoted a pretty high price from the one dealer that got back to me. I asked for the top of the line model with all the extras including remote start. I was quoted at $1100 . Couple other dealers will be calling me back Monday. They don't use the normal retail brand alarms (Viper, Compustar...) at the dealers from what I can tell.
Do you have any details? what type of alarm? features? and does it work with SSS Package? Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoXRacer
Do you have any details? what type of alarm? features? and does it work with SSS Package? Thanks!
Brand is Astroflex.

Its a 2way and includes all of the following

extra siren
shock
glass
tilt
panic
remote start
sensors to all openings

Quick Reply: Best Alarm?