Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 30birdy
lol i was expecting that, but why dont u take the hit for everyone and help me out by having me hack urs and then you can be the hero for allowing everyone to do it them selves lol
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:57 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
total0wnage, I don't think you get how it works around here, and I think it has to do with the car you drive.

See, the advances on evos, lancers, eclipses and other cars throughout the last 15 years was from the open community helping each other. Not just on advice, but mainly on software. Tephra, Gunzo, JohnBradley, DavidBushcur, etc etc have all gone to great lengths to make sure we can have our cake and eat it too. Each one of these guys goes above and beyond to make sure our tunes are properly understood and that we can go beyond the barriers that the manufacturer has placed before us. If they charged for every little thing no one would have all this cool stuff. There wouldn't be 1200whp evos because no one would be working together. It's a community effort when things come together like that.

The only reason you're able to do what you're doing is because of Brian360 and Otaku.

Do what you want, but in the end when you need help with something down the road, don't expect the people you burned to help you out.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

I don't need a lesson, I've helped plenty of lancer ppl whether they drive evos or w.e , just because I drive a gts doesn't mean we are different ppl, our cars are very similair and I'm not looking to make alot of money, as I said there has been somethig on my wishlist for a while and i figured this might cover it and i am willing to make a "how to" mod the navi.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by total0wnage
I don't need a lesson, I've helped plenty of lancer ppl whether they drive evos or w.e , just because I drive a gts doesn't mean we are different ppl, our cars are very similair and I'm not looking to make alot of money, as I said there has been somethig on my wishlist for a while and i figured this might cover it and i am willing to make a "how to" mod the navi.
Funny, most of us aren't looking to make any money.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:23 PM

Am I missing something?
All I did for mine was burned the .iso on a cd, and then put it in the cd player\nav and it plays dvd's while i'm driving.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

You have the older firmware, the newer versions of the firmware aren't as easy to hack.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:27 PM

New firmware..

Originally Posted by razkal
You have the older firmware, the newer versions of the firmware aren't as easy to hack.
I get it now, so everyone is trying to downgrade to a earlier release so they can run the hack.

thanks for the info, i will look into it myself and see if I can find a fix
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by negativefx
Funny, most of us aren't looking to make any money.
I guess that's funny? The reason most aren't looking to make money is because you already have money. and idk why u bolded "alot of money" because i clearly state in a previous post that im 80$ short of springs so im tryin to get those. also I don't work so that's why I'm trying to make money- I'm not here to talk about why I don't work or anything but if I have time, which I probably won't this weekend. most likely i'll write it up the weekend 12/-12/13

Last edited by total0wnage; Nov 30, 2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOX_SPEED3
Am I missing something?
All I did for mine was burned the .iso on a cd, and then put it in the cd player\nav and it plays dvd's while i'm driving.
Yes. 30.99 + firmware is harder to hack, mitsu added a feature i believe that makes it so that the navi will lock up if a non oem modification disc is put in
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:05 PM
EvoM Community Team

There is a lot of people on this forum (and other forums) that don't have money either. That's an even better excuse to help each other out
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
There is a lot of people on this forum (and other forums) that don't have money either. That's an even better excuse to help each other out
im not posting this service on this forum looking for rich evo owners, but i doubt there is a evo owner that financially uncapable of giving a donation . maybe i should ask for donation rather than "money"
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:10 PM
EvoM Community Team

I'd be more willing to give a donation than buy a service that others have done. Not to derail the thread but that's like giving Psystar money for their hackintosh when it was the OSX86 community that developed the software for them to do so in the first place. I have donated to some of those members for their hard work.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

im not posting this service on this forum looking for rich evo owners, but i doubt there is a evo owner that financially uncapable of giving a donation . maybe i should ask for donation rather than "money"
You've got the right idea. Except that one shouldn't have to ask for donations. People who appreciate the work will donate. I can think of countless software projects where I've donated money to the same project more than once. Think about the walmart effect. it's all about volume. You make people pay you, and you might get one or two people who do it. But give your work away to hundreds, and you'll definitely get people who will donate and appreciate it.

If you think about it, one could send you their HD, let you hack it, then when they got it back, they'd just pull off the file and give it to the rest of the same version community for free.

Give the file away, and give it away with your paypal email address. People will thank you, trust. Especially once you have some testimonials.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

I'd be happy to donate once I see that others have taken the plunge and installed it.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 09:42 AM

lol i was expecting that, but why dont u take the hit for everyone and help me out by having me hack urs and then you can be the hero for allowing everyone to do it them selves lol
LOL. I was have the older version that was hacked already.

Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS