Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackZero
I can't get this to work. My unit says version 30.99. I downloaded the correct file, unzipped it and burned the ISO to a CD (not a DVD). I put it in the MMCS and nothing happened. I left it in there for a few minutes and still nothing. I tried a DVD and it quit playing when I started driving. I even went into the program screen and tried re-inserting the disk... still nothing. What am I doing wrong? All of the directions I have found are very vague and I followed them the best I could.
are u burning it as an image? because thats what u have to do and also do it to a dvd idk if it matters cd or dvd but just try dvd and dont drive the car, just turn it on and leave it in park
Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by izzyevo
what files are in your dvd disc after burning?
i believe the dvd contains, alldata.kwi and loading.kwi there might be others but im pretty sure those are the 2 files that get overwritten because thats how i downgraded mine, by overwriting those 2 files from a older firmware version.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So did you guys use a DVD disk or a CD disk?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackZero
So did you guys use a DVD disk or a CD disk?
I personally used a dvd disc, the cd did not worked for me.

I burned the ISO file using the native disc utility from an apple base computer.

I can send you the actual file if you pm me your email (24 mb though) do you have an ftp site?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

i also used a dvd because cd didnt work for me either.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 07:11 PM

just ran it on a cd in my 08 MR 30.97...now running 30.99 and can watch dvds while driving...took three minutes total..THanks Otaku you're the ****
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone still need to know how to downgrade to a patchable version? i dont have my car any more but i can guide anyone who wants to do the hack
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by brian360
From what we can tell, the units are the same (might be subtle differences). Also, the outlander and one other model (at least) use the same MMCS with just slightly different software.

Someone with an evox posted their software, and I installed it in my 08 Lancer and it worked perfectly. Dvd hack coming very soon for it.

hey i know this is old but you say that somone posted you the evo x mmcs software and you installed it on your unit and it works perfectly
i have an mmcs on my lancer gts and its all in japanese so i want the english software where can i find it and will it work

please help
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^unfortunately that MMCS is useless unless you are in japan or you are japanese. there is no software to change the language from japanese to english. could be a great time to learn a new language?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
^unfortunately that MMCS is useless unless you are in japan or you are japanese. there is no software to change the language from japanese to english. could be a great time to learn a new language?
Actually you might want to ask Otaku about that. I know he'd been working on "language packs" for porting the MMCS to languages it doesn't currently support. I'm not sure how functional a japanese MMCS would be (maps, radio frequencies, DVD region, etc) in another country, but changing the language might be a possibility.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:46 AM

mmcs in japanese!!!

hi there brian ive read loads of what you and otaku have to say about the mmcs and its programming issues. i have an mmcs and its japanese man im gonna go crazy and you say that otaku has a change language process. i just want it in english with voice controls in english thats all frequency of radio and tv would be great but if not possible not such a big problem. so please help man i beg you
Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:51 AM

Actually you might want to ask Otaku about that. I know he'd been working on "language packs" for porting the MMCS to languages it doesn't currently support. I'm not sure how functional a japanese MMCS would be (maps, radio frequencies, DVD region, etc) in another country, but changing the language might be a possibility.

hi brian please man give me a solution to making this mmcs in english just menu and voice controls pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ramikaze
hi brian please man give me a solution to making this mmcs in english just menu and voice controls pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase
I'm not saying there's a solution avaiable today, just that I *think* Otaku had been working on it. Like I said, if he has any updates, he'll contact you or post in this forum as in the past. Sorry I can't be of much more help Just keep an eye out.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:17 AM

I'm not saying there's a solution avaiable today, just that I *think* Otaku had been working on it. Like I said, if he has any updates, he'll contact you or post in this forum as in the past. Sorry I can't be of much more help Just keep an eye out.
so do you have otaku's email that woul dbe great and i know im being persistant but its driving me crazy
Old Mar 3, 2010, 05:25 AM

yo

anyone know how to downgrade to a patchable version?

Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS