Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im planning on purchasing the HKS Camp system, can u come up with a feature so that i can play cds/listen to the radio while the digital gauges are being displayed. Thanx

Jay
Old May 30, 2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by RKT SHP
here is the picture that you requested and thanks for all the hard work on getting this fix for the MMCS out there for everyone.....
Would I be able to get you to pull your hard drive, unlock it, and send me the loading.kwi and alldata.kwi files (disclaimer: at your own risk)? I'm betting the update doesn't take because you have a newer software version than I did, and it won't "downgrade" itself.

Instructions for pulling the drive & unlocking it here: http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_208034/tm.htm
Old May 30, 2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
(Out of curiousity, how are you dealing with the version numbers? If I read correctly, it will only update if the version number is higher. Are you simply increasing the version, or have found another work around? If you're increasing the version, will that have any effect on future Mitsu updates?)
I could be wrong, but it appears that the MMCS will, in fact, update to the "same" software version or newer, but not to an earlier software version. So we just patch the loading.kwi file with the DVD hack, burn it to an update disc, and the MMCS will take it. Future mitsu updates should just overwrite the "hacked" version with their own, in which case you'd need to get an updated patch from us.
Old May 30, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

shoot me your email address and I will try it tonight after I get home from work......I must admit though I am not very computer savy so I dont know if i will be able to do it but I will try........If you could pm or email me simplier directions(if they can be made simplier) to help me out it would be much appreciated.

Originally Posted by brian360
Would I be able to get you to pull your hard drive, unlock it, and send me the loading.kwi and alldata.kwi files (disclaimer: at your own risk)? I'm betting the update doesn't take because you have a newer software version than I did, and it won't "downgrade" itself.

Instructions for pulling the drive & unlocking it here: http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_208034/tm.htm
Old May 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RKT SHP
shoot me your email address and I will try it tonight after I get home from work......I must admit though I am not very computer savy so I dont know if i will be able to do it but I will try........If you could pm or email me simplier directions(if they can be made simplier) to help me out it would be much appreciated.
Actually someone on the other site did it already. I am downloading now and will try it.

Here is the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/11887654...261UM.iso.html
Old May 30, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

This is so exciting! Now I will never be bored while getting stuck in traffic again!
Old May 30, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by junction
Actually someone on the other site did it already. I am downloading now and will try it.

Here is the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/11887654...261UM.iso.html
I tried this and get the same results of "Checking Disc" and then nothing.

Someone will have to pull the drive, patch the loader, and create a new image.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:38 AM

Wow, it sounds like we are getting closer. Wish I had the time and skills to run that patch. Fingers crossed it happens soon though.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:01 PM

Yep -- as soon as we get someone with app version 00.30.94 to pull their hard drive, we'll get a patch ready for everyone else!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet you guys are great keep it up. look forward to the patch.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 04:34 PM

brain360 where do u live? any of your friends have the 00.30.94 version MMCS?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brian360
Yep -- as soon as we get someone with app version 00.30.94 to pull their hard drive, we'll get a patch ready for everyone else!
I will do this tonight if I get time. It looks very easy. I am suprised no one has done it yet for the X .
Old Jun 2, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wickedchimp
I have the same version as rktshp and have the same problem...The mmcs just says checking disk then does nothing.
User "Doublecheese" on the mitsuforums thread about this sais:

I had the same problem when I loaded my CD in the MMCS . After the CHECKING DISK finished nothing had happened. Then I turned OFF the radio with the POWER button and I realised that the UPGRADE Yes or NO button was there, it was just hidden behind the RADIO menu of the MMCS. So try turning OFF radio , might work if your main problem is not the Version of your software.

Maybe try that?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
User "Doublecheese" on the mitsuforums thread about this sais:

I had the same problem when I loaded my CD in the MMCS . After the CHECKING DISK finished nothing had happened. Then I turned OFF the radio with the POWER button and I realised that the UPGRADE Yes or NO button was there, it was just hidden behind the RADIO menu of the MMCS. So try turning OFF radio , might work if your main problem is not the Version of your software.

Maybe try that?
Thx. I went and tried it to no avail . It is not a big deal. Will be very easy to 1. Pull the drive
2. Boot from the unlock program disk
3. Run the unlock program.

If I had a Torx here at work I would try it right now.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't find my 2.5" to 3.5" adapter or I'd do it. Heck I can't find a lot of stuff. I wonder if my wife has been cleaning my office. /me looks around... Nope

Fry's is 30+ minutes round trip (and it's rush hour now) or I'd head over and get it.

This is a must for times when the 2yo is screaming in the back and I need some sort of digital pacifier (ie. Shrek or Nemo).

Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS