Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Evo X NAVI questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does but only for left and right audio. NO VIDEO! on the GSR with SSS, Nav etc. The MR has audio and video from the factory if it has the Tech package (includes nave).
Old Jul 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by strife
NO VIDEO!
No video aux. Unless you put a DVD in or get the Ipod thing.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

No, I mean there is no yellow video connector under the AC controls, only red and white stereo ones.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:22 AM

in the MR, i believe that there is a yellow video connector
Old Aug 5, 2008, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Ya, the MR has all three if it has the Technology package.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can add the yellow video input to the GSR with the nav. I think I'm going to so that I can hook other stuff up. There is also a way to hookup a backup camera.

You can't put music on the hard drive even if you pull the drive (I have tried). The current lame *** rip a redbook audio CD is lame, but it works the same on my wife's G35.

I *MUCH* prefer the nav look in the dash to the stock SSS look. I had the SSS in there for a week or so while the Nav and bluetooth module were shipped to my dealer and it was a beating.

You can hack the nav to play DVDs in motion, which has been nice the couple times my son is going postal and I've turned on Nemo to quiet him down. It's distracting, so I recommend not watching a video much.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
You can add the yellow video input to the GSR with the nav. I think I'm going to so that I can hook other stuff up. There is also a way to hookup a backup camera.

You can't put music on the hard drive even if you pull the drive (I have tried). The current lame *** rip a redbook audio CD is lame, but it works the same on my wife's G35.

I *MUCH* prefer the nav look in the dash to the stock SSS look. I had the SSS in there for a week or so while the Nav and bluetooth module were shipped to my dealer and it was a beating.

You can hack the nav to play DVDs in motion, which has been nice the couple times my son is going postal and I've turned on Nemo to quiet him down. It's distracting, so I recommend not watching a video much.
Good to know, thanks for info. So there is no hope that we'll be able to take it out and fill it with music directly from a computer?

And also, how does the built in ripping program work? Does it rip fast? How does it get artist and track names etc?

All in all, is the navi unit cool? Does the GPS work well? What maps does it come with, and what brand is the software?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

I think there is some work being done to allow you to put the music on there, but honestly I don't pay that much attention since I hate playing DJ and just use Sirius all the time.

The ripping program rips to some funky wma like format. It has a built in CDDB/Gracenote db that it looks the CD up in to put on the "ID3" tags of the files it creates. If the db is out of date (you can update it) then you get to manually put the artist, album and track name in (LAME). Obviously if you build a mix CD you get to manually enter the track info as well.

The navi is pretty good. It is very fast to reroute you if you deviate (unlike DVD based units). It doesn't have a 3d or birdseye view like on audi or infiniti units, but it does a fairly good job otherwise.

I'm not sure who the map and tech vendor is, but there are some people (otaku and brian360) that can point you to that info. The unit runs windows CE.

Here's an interesting thread: http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_182503/tm.htm

And another (about the DVD in motion thread) http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_222824/tm.htm
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Here's otaku's site: http://www.takingthingsapart.org/
Old Aug 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

wow i want the nav, so bad!!!!