Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Anyone have the JDM double-din headunit kit? Metra kit sucks!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just did mine yesturday with avic-d3 too! I even painted the metra kit and it still sucks ***. Fitment is atrocious. I ordered the JDM one, i cant f in wait
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that JDM kit looks nice! I just ordered it from japanparts.com last night. Can't wait!

I might even need to buy a nicer headunit now, something with touch-screen, navigation, dvd, etc....

Has anyone seen this new in-dash computer?

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...CPC1000&tp=526

That is insane! I'd pick it up, but its a tad too pricey.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

i wanted that too, but its def too pricey, plus it doesnt come out till oct or nov, i called the company up lol
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

dumb question!!! wheres the heater knobs(control)? were they replaced by the radio?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donotswitchoff0
dumb question!!! wheres the heater knobs(control)? were they replaced by the radio?

Under the radio.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bluewaterDEMON

Under the radio.
sorry but im still a newbie. and i noticed all of you guys have evo 10. hahahhahahahah i gotta do some research if they have them in 9.cool setup!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

LOL what???
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
I found a small problem with the JDM panel piece which is easily remedied. If you use the hazard button that comes with it you will get an airbag warning light. To fix this simply re-use your stock hazard light and the problem is solved.
Wait, are you saying if using the JDM hazard, you get an airbag light (like in the LCD display)?

I really dislike the look of that whole piece. I plan to mount an audio contol unit right over it. The controller is nearly the exact same size. The problem is it has a thick wire coming out the side and there is no where to tuck it behind panels and not look ****ty. When I first saw this post, I thought terrific, I'll just use the JDM hazard and drill a 1/4" hole through the right side where the wire will be. But if the JDM piece throws an airbag light, it's back to the drawing boards for me. Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by salukidude
Wait, are you saying if using the JDM hazard, you get an airbag light (like in the LCD display)?

I really dislike the look of that whole piece. I plan to mount an audio contol unit right over it. The controller is nearly the exact same size. The problem is it has a thick wire coming out the side and there is no where to tuck it behind panels and not look ****ty. When I first saw this post, I thought terrific, I'll just use the JDM hazard and drill a 1/4" hole through the right side where the wire will be. But if the JDM piece throws an airbag light, it's back to the drawing boards for me. Thanks.
Just use the one that came with the car, that hazard light/airbag light piece comes off, you can take it off and put it on the JDM one, read the whole thread for more detail
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

I even painted the metra kit and it still sucks! The fitment is really bad, thank god its only temporary. I cant wait till the JDM one comes in already.

Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

You need to hardwire that shiat. Coords across the dash ftl.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by salukidude
You need to hardwire that shiat. Coords across the dash ftl.
working on it
Old Jul 26, 2008, 01:16 AM

when you guys install these aftermarket decks, did anybody have any trouble with the factory amp and etc etc? I am not sure but do you guys have have the SSS or just a base gsr? i heard you have to run wires to each speakers to the double din or something like that. any info be great! thx
Old Jul 26, 2008, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

I have the fosgate 9 speaker blah blah blah. It sucks. I also have nav; i.e. the MR tech pkg. I think you need the amp harness to connect an aftermarket HU to the stock amp. I'm ditching it all for an aftermarket amp and HU. Should have never gotten the tech pkg. I think the amp harness is out, but may be hard to find....don't really know.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 02:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jdmjunkiee
when you guys install these aftermarket decks, did anybody have any trouble with the factory amp and etc etc? I am not sure but do you guys have have the SSS or just a base gsr? i heard you have to run wires to each speakers to the double din or something like that. any info be great! thx
I have the SSS and you do need to wire each speaker individually and you can't use the stock amp.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the JDM double-din headunit kit? Metra kit sucks!