Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alpine or Pioneer DVD player?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally!! the REAL audioheads are responding! ///Alpine FTW!!!

BTW, Alpine's sound management/customization, even in their most basic models are more than just bass and treble. their higher end models have 5 and 7 band EQs, time correction and more that I can't think of off the top of my head. If I could change out my OEM nav unit for an Alpine, I would.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YeOldeLancer
Finally!! the REAL audioheads are responding! ///Alpine FTW!!!

BTW, Alpine's sound management/customization, even in their most basic models are more than just bass and treble. their higher end models have 5 and 7 band EQs, time correction and more that I can't think of off the top of my head. If I could change out my OEM nav unit for an Alpine, I would.
I'm pretty sure you can... Or is your OEM nav unit set to self-destruct if you remove it?

The EQ settings are great too because most of them are easily swapped between and you can store different settings. On my old Alpine in the Evo I had 4 settings: Quiet drive (for when it wasn't going to be up that loud), Hip-hop/Techno, Normal music, Clear (which made the sound clearer, but had fairly low bass, good for acoustic songs, and speech etc)
Old Oct 25, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adamkean
If you do decide to go with a Double-Din the Alpine W505 DOES do album artwork on the screen. I noticed that you said that was something that you really wanted. Just thought I'd give you that tid bit of information

Adam
Really? Where did you find this info, I've been looking around and haven't found much about album artwork
Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a IVA-W505 and it does have album art. Check alpine's web site, the pic of the W505 shows the album art.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cchan3761
Really? Where did you find this info, I've been looking around and haven't found much about album artwork
I'm an install technician in an audio shop and I've put probably 3-4 of the 505's in and they are beautiful units
The Ipod integration is awesome since is does have the album art and the layout of it is great.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Oops, I meant does the IVA-D106 have the album artwork, I wanted the single din dvd player just so I can have the bottom din for gauges or etc in the future. I'm waiting for a single din dvd player that would support the album artwork, hopefully alpine this product soon

Last edited by cchan3761; Oct 26, 2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cchan3761
Oops, I meant does the IVA-D106 have the album artwork, I wanted the single din dvd player just so I can have the bottom din for gauges or etc in the future. I'm waiting for a single din dvd player that would support the album artwork, hopefully alpine this product soon
It does not look like it does... But it does play videos from the ipod, which is kinda cool. I think you're probably just a bit ahead of their development. The x001 that I have was the first of their ipod link lines, and I think they are technically on about "line" 3 now. At least, with the addition of the 505.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:22 PM

Does anyone know if you can hook up the hands free calling to the steering wheel with an aftermarket navigation system. I don't have the Navi package and am looking to upgrade, but I don't want to lose the bluetooth. Also does anyone have the Pioneer AVIC-Z3? Sorry if these topics have been discussed
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Though I don't know for sure, I'm willing to bet that you can hook up the hands free calling with the right system and the right install.

The AVIC-Z3 is an awesome system, a friend had it in his old A6 that won tons of awards. I originally was looking at navi/ipod systems to put into my car, until I found out that it would cost a lot more than I originally expected for moving things around to make double-din room. The AVIC-Z3 was recommended to me higher than the current Alpines, but that was over a year ago, and I've heard nothing but praise for the W505.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

whats the best head unit with nav under 1000?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
It does not look like it does... But it does play videos from the ipod, which is kinda cool. I think you're probably just a bit ahead of their development. The x001 that I have was the first of their ipod link lines, and I think they are technically on about "line" 3 now. At least, with the addition of the 505.
Thanks for the info, if they have it on some of their models, why can't they just add that feature to the IVA-D106. The technology is there! Just add it
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure that addition is coming very soon. Alpine (as with most things involving updates) like to make more changes than just adding a few little things. Knowing Alpine I'm sure a single-din screen model in the iPod link line-up is not far out. It'd be nice if they made some sort of firmware updates for devices though. The X001 isn't fully compatibile with the iPod touch/iPhone since they came out after the X001 released, so every once in awhile I have odd issues with it. All of which could easily be fixed by a firmware update, I'm sure.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I'm sure that addition is coming very soon. Alpine (as with most things involving updates) like to make more changes than just adding a few little things. Knowing Alpine I'm sure a single-din screen model in the iPod link line-up is not far out. It'd be nice if they made some sort of firmware updates for devices though. The X001 isn't fully compatibile with the iPod touch/iPhone since they came out after the X001 released, so every once in awhile I have odd issues with it. All of which could easily be fixed by a firmware update, I'm sure.
Exactly! Just a few software updates and it should be fine but then that's how Alpine and other manufacturers make their living....Have you tried calling CS about those issues? Though its not meant to support iPod/iPhone there shouldn't be a reason why there's issues occurring.