Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

30GB Hard-Disc Drive Navigation & Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, but only on the Tech package from the factory. any nav installed by the dealer comes with Audio only. It sucks.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly we can just buy the part to replace the one already in place. should not be to big a deal.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I might have to hold off on it for now. KW Suspension is calling me.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:25 AM

does anybody know how to replace the audio only jack port to a video/audio jack port for the GSR like the MR version if I were to buy the OEM Nav and install it myself? Are all the wiring harness already exist similar to the Tech package?

Also, for the people who have the GSR and added the OEM Nav themselves and were able to stream videos via the video port, or did you simply buy/replace the video/audio (AUX) ports to make it work? or is there a lot more work than just that? (i.e. replacing the wiring harness b/c the GSR aren't pre-wired with video input, or unlock a feature within the nav unit in order to get that feature to work)

Thank you in advance for any help you guys may provide
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

^ my lancer GTS came with the yellow video port as well, u could hook up a ps3 or xbox to it
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:18 AM

will the stock nav play an mp3 disc?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yes.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

the stock nav will play mp3 disks but not rip them.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:56 AM

evo X Navi

Just to clear up the record on here. I just bought an EVO X yesterday and you cannot adjust any settings or input an address while you are driving. You have to pull into a parkinglot and do it.

Does the hack for the dvd in motion fix this? Right now I find the navigation completely useless if that is the case. If I have to stop then why don't I just ask?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverboost
Just to clear up the record on here. I just bought an EVO X yesterday and you cannot adjust any settings or input an address while you are driving. You have to pull into a parkinglot and do it.

Does the hack for the dvd in motion fix this? Right now I find the navigation completely useless if that is the case. If I have to stop then why don't I just ask?
what of course u can input new addresses and change settings on the move.. you just cant watch DVDs or the AUX input video unless you park or have the dvd hack.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
what of course u can input new addresses and change settings on the move.. you just cant watch DVDs or the AUX input video unless you park or have the dvd hack.

No, thats why I'm posting. To clear it up. If you buy one right now. You can't even look up poi when your moving. I cant get it to do anything but view the navigation screen. It is all greyed out.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

dude it really should give you all that while your moving, might want to take it into the dealer or something. drive any of the other lancers or evos with navi and show the service guy that it works with those cars but not with yours. they will swap it out of fix it, prob some software issue
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
dude it really should give you all that while your moving, might want to take it into the dealer or something. drive any of the other lancers or evos with navi and show the service guy that it works with those cars but not with yours. they will swap it out of fix it, prob some software issue

We'll see. I'm going to mess with it some more tonight. I didn't drive the car today. I want to get the mud flaps on it before I really start driving. Yea, like if I go to poi and try to search it comes up with the screen to set location and the set is greyed out.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:08 PM

I recently acquired the Lancer Ralliart with the stock MMCS navi (and the aforementioned audio only aux input under the climate controls). I agree tha navigation functions work great. My only gripe would be that there is not currently an option for direct Ipod control (for which the Navi touch screen would be ideal).

Anyone figure this may be do-able down the road with a cable accessory and software update?
Old May 6, 2009, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

There is no current solution to directly control your ipod from the head unit. There my never be one. The only aftermarket solution I know of is were the adapter plugs into the CD changer spot on the stock radio and the ipod acts like a CD changer, The problem here is there is no stock (external to the radio) CD changer that’s available.
Sorry………

Quick Reply: 30GB Hard-Disc Drive Navigation & Mitsubishi Multi-Communication System