Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

need some help with Ravelco

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some help with Ravelco

After reading on these forums that Ravelco was the best anti theft deterent. I checked thier website and didn't see a dealer near my city.

I saw a Ravelco on Ebay, and the person said it had the installation instructions. Well I recieved the unit yesterday and no instructions.

I saw on Ravelco's website that a guy could obtain the intall info for their particular make of vehicle. So I emailed Ravelco and they said they would not help me since I didn't buy their unit from a dealer. I really think it sucks that Ravelco will treat people like this simply because they didn't buy the unit from a dealer. In my opinion this renders their equipment to be worth nothing in a second hand situation. And I would strongly caution anyone from buying one, unless its from a Ravelco dealer.

If there is anyone on here that could steer me to a source for install info for a 2008 Evo X, I would really appreciate it.

Below is a copy of my email and the reply from Ravelco.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ravelco:

I have heard about your company a few times from satisfied users of your products. So I decided to look into your company a little further. Much to my dismay I found out that you have no installers near my home.

I happened across a listing of your product on eBay, and it was a reputable seller. So I decided to buy one of your units and install it myself. I am fairly mechanically inclined , and seldom send my vehicles back to the dealer, for any service issues. The question I have, is do you have any installers guides for a 2008 Mitsubishi, Evolution MR?

Thanks

Don M
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello:

I am sorry but we cannot service or help anyone who has purchased a Ravelco from EBay or any other auction site. In order to get any type of service from us the manufacturer a Ravelco would have to be purchased from a certified dealer or distributor on our website.

Ravelco
Old Dec 13, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

hrmmm...that sucks. I was looking at them on ebay also. Ill see if I can find anything
Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:48 PM

Ok here is the Scoop.

The person I bought my Ravelco from was a former dealer. I think they still have a few units. And I got the info I needed to install the unit, from the seller.

By the time you study how you want to install this unit you will come up with some of your own ideas for protecting your vehicle. Enough that you will figure out that you really don't need the Ravelco.

That being said, the Ravelco is a pretty good system. And it is difficult for a thief to overcome. I wouldn't use it as a stand alone anti theft device. But it does a good job of adding another layer of security. If you have a pro wanting your car he can bypass most any system if given enough time.

If you buy your Ravelco on Ebay you most likely won't get any support from the Ravelco company. Thats not to say that you won't get any help from a dealer or seller.

In my opinion the factory security is pretty good, add a Ravelco, and add a tracking unit, and you might be pretty well protected.

For those that didn't reply with more info on how to install the Ravelco, I understand 100% why you didn't respond as to how to install it. In a perfect world no thieves would browse these forums. However its not a perfect world.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

so did you figure out how to install it correctly?