Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alpine IVA-W502 installed with stock speakers and sub

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RaiN907
Do you like the 502? I was thinking about getting it to replace my older pioneer 880.
It's an excellent unit. It will be better if you describe what you don't like about your pionner, then I can tell if Alpine is any better is that department
Old Feb 7, 2009, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mojito
It's an excellent unit. It will be better if you describe what you don't like about your pionner, then I can tell if Alpine is any better is that department
In my past experience I've had tons of problems with whine, RCA grounding, etc. I found that most alpine units I've had never gave me these problems. I switch HU's like most people switch underwear.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:26 PM

your dash kit is much better than my metra kit... very nice! did you get a new amp to have the unit work with your sub? i lost the sub in the trunk when I got my F90bt... need new amp, or hack the stock unit (remember seeing a link somewhere).
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I like that dash kit as well, definitely better than spending almost twice as much on JDM. I couldn't find it on Evo-R though.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DetailAddict
your dash kit is much better than my metra kit... very nice! did you get a new amp to have the unit work with your sub? i lost the sub in the trunk when I got my F90bt... need new amp, or hack the stock unit (remember seeing a link somewhere).
Yes, I got the Alpine PDX-5 amp, which is very compact and works with 2 and 4 ohm impiedance. The stock amp is 2 coils at 1 ohms each, so if you connect them consequently it works. At the moment I'm not very happy with sub performance (sounds weaker than with stock amp). I need to figure out if it's due to Imprint settings, amp gain or incompatibility. I didn't have much time to play wiht it yet as the car is in the garage for tranny swap. Will do it later..

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
Yeah I like that dash kit as well, definitely better than spending almost twice as much on JDM. I couldn't find it on Evo-R though.
You need to contact them about this kit or order on evoxforums.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, I got the Alpine PDX-5 amp, which is very compact and works with 2 and 4 ohm impiedance. The stock amp is 2 coils at 1 ohms each, so if you connect them consequently it works. At the moment I'm not very happy with sub performance (sounds weaker than with stock amp). I need to figure out if it's due to Imprint settings, amp gain or incompatibility. I didn't have much time to play wiht it yet as the car is in the garage for tranny swap. Will do it later..

I work at a stereo shop here in the states and it's been my personal experience that when tuning the Imprint piece do it WITHOUT the sub hooked up. Then when it's all done tuning hook the sub back up and tune your sub the way YOU WANT. I've ran into the same issue as you that the sub almost doesn't seem like it's there. If you try it the way I just explained then you should be able to get out of your sub what you're looking for. Hope that helps

Adam
Old Feb 21, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

wow, That looks very good
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adamkean
I work at a stereo shop here in the states and it's been my personal experience that when tuning the Imprint piece do it WITHOUT the sub hooked up. Then when it's all done tuning hook the sub back up and tune your sub the way YOU WANT. I've ran into the same issue as you that the sub almost doesn't seem like it's there. If you try it the way I just explained then you should be able to get out of your sub what you're looking for. Hope that helps

Adam
Thanks, I'll try that.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I'll try that.
Not a problem....Let me know how it works out for ya
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:26 PM

wow... i am so lost with this coil/imprint/impiedance talk... what do you mean by 'connect them consequently'? So you saying my F90BT can work with the stock amp and make my sub work?

so with these audio tech talking... help!

Originally Posted by adamkean

Adam
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

No, not with the stock amp. You need to change the amp to make it work. If you want to do that, make sure it works with speakers and sub with impiedance of 2 ohms (like Alpine PDX-5). And ignore the Imprint discussion as it is only relevant for certain Alpine head units.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:22 AM

gottcha! thanks bro!

No, not with the stock amp. You need to change the amp to make it work. If you want to do that, make sure it works with speakers and sub with impiedance of 2 ohms (like Alpine PDX-5). And ignore the Imprint discussion as it is only relevant for certain Alpine head units.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you mount the PDX-5 under the drivers seat in the stock amp location? If so how did it fit compared to the stock one.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, PDX-5 fits under the driver's seat just fine.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:29 PM

Sorry im not good with audio stuff...So with a 5 channel amp 2 channels go to the front speakers, 2 to the rears and one for the sub? waht about the tweeters they use crossovers?

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-W502 installed with stock speakers and sub