Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Nokia Smartphones hands free??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009 | 06:09 PM

Nokia Smartphones hands free??

Hi,

I've just gotten a Nokia E71 and have been trying to pair it up with the evo mmcs. I can get the phone to pair and I can see signal strength etc on the nav screen however when I try and dial out it does nothing. Just a huge pause and after about a min the phone pairing is dropped. The phone never tries dialing. Looking in the Nokia manual, it states that for "remote sim access" ie. a secondary device using the sim card in your phone it needs a 16 digit pin code. When I pair the mitsu all the car ever asks for is a 4 digit pin. I think this may be the problem, however I'm not sure? Has anyone dealt with this issue successfully with a nokia or other smartphone? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Fahim
Old Jun 26, 2009 | 05:12 AM

Fahim,

I think it has something to do with the newer/more complex versions of the Symbian OS on the Nokia phones. I say this because my E63 (the cheaper/basic version of the E71) works without a glitch! Meanwhile, my (new) E75 will only pair, but wont connect

(Oddly enough though, the E63 was released quite a while after the E71. Maybe the OS is different though?!?!)

Bob.
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

I work at a tmobile store and we sell a lot of euro phones. Try reloding software and you should be good to go!
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by lex08gsr
I work at a tmobile store and we sell a lot of euro phones. Try reloding software and you should be good to go!
I recently got the latest firmware for my E75 though. Never mind, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!
Old Jul 8, 2009 | 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bob808
I recently got the latest firmware for my E75 though. Never mind, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!
I do it for most of the customers which have simmilar bluetooth issues and it seems to work most of the time... give it a shot and let me know if it works!
Old Jul 10, 2009 | 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by lex08gsr
I do it for most of the customers which have simmilar bluetooth issues and it seems to work most of the time... give it a shot and let me know if it works!
I reloaded the current software.... still wont connect. I hope the iPhone (3GS) works with it, as I might be getting one shortly.
Old Jul 10, 2009 | 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

That's really strange!!! You shouldn't have a problem with it! I'm going to try to hook up the unlocked e71 to a few cars and let you know if they work... I'll try to find a mitsu if I can
Old Jul 11, 2009 | 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

I've tried to hook it up to an e55 and it worked without any problems. Same thing with Is250. Myabe it just doesn't like mitsu lol....
Old Jul 13, 2009 | 10:05 PM

i have an e71 and i have the same issue. current workaround is to dial using the phone's keypad. that still works ok.

i'm gonna play with the phone settings tomorrow to see if it's something that can be fixed.