Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

base MR not wired for Rockford Fosgate system?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
base MR not wired for Rockford Fosgate system?

Hey guys,

I'm close to buying MR base model because that's the only one left in the color i want. So I asked the GM if I can get the tech package installed and he said the base model is NOT wired for the Rockford Fosgate system so I can only add the nav. Is that true?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:15 AM

can anyone confirm this?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

yeah im about to get WWhite but it has no navy and no rockford. i asked them can you install them, the navy yes but not the rockford. you have to go aftermarket.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe a benefit- that trunk is tiny with the RF sub...
Old May 3, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

im wondering the same thing...

Last edited by devinclfalcons; Mar 17, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 3, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

what about FAST KEY, thats part of the SSS so wonder its wired in on the base, prob not
Old May 5, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
what about FAST KEY, thats part of the SSS so wonder its wired in on the base, prob not
i think all MRs come with FAST key
Old May 6, 2009, 04:23 AM

My base MR has FAST KEY
Old May 6, 2009, 02:56 PM

So in the mr it gets installed without the amp.. does anyone have the wire info for this.. the service manual dont show the mmsc without amp option.. so im wondering how it wires in..

Bump for info...
Old May 27, 2009, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

You can swap the headunits between the trim options. 6 disc, single disc or navi without a problem. on the other hand if the car was not built with the rockford then you do not even want to ponder the factory amp. You would have to make a subharness that runs from the headunit to under the drivers seat and back. You can check to see if the car by some fluck which is possible with a MR has the wiring tucked there. Just slide the drivers seat all the way back and reach into the slit where the wiring comes out for for the seat and if it could be added there would be a few extra fairly large connectors there for adding it. I have installed the navi in several cars not originally equipt and put the 6 disc from a rockford in my car. The up side to not having the factory rockford is it will make installing aftermarket easier. Also do not be fooled by thinking the sub connector in the left side of the trunk goes anywhere. That sub harness only runs as far as behind the left side of the rear seat which may be worth knowing if you wanted to hook up wiring to it.
Old May 27, 2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by mantella
You can swap the headunits between the trim options. 6 disc, single disc or navi without a problem. on the other hand if the car was not built with the rockford then you do not even want to ponder the factory amp. You would have to make a subharness that runs from the headunit to under the drivers seat and back. You can check to see if the car by some fluck which is possible with a MR has the wiring tucked there. Just slide the drivers seat all the way back and reach into the slit where the wiring comes out for for the seat and if it could be added there would be a few extra fairly large connectors there for adding it. I have installed the navi in several cars not originally equipt and put the 6 disc from a rockford in my car. The up side to not having the factory rockford is it will make installing aftermarket easier. Also do not be fooled by thinking the sub connector in the left side of the trunk goes anywhere. That sub harness only runs as far as behind the left side of the rear seat which may be worth knowing if you wanted to hook up wiring to it.
So you telling me that you have installed the navi on cars that dont have the crapford amp..
Old May 27, 2009, 03:36 PM

How much you guys think I can sell the nav unit with the sirus tunner and amp for?? I think I'm going to just put my old kenwood system in.. I miss it..
Old May 27, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yes where I work has swapped them between all trim models of the lancer with out problem. The wiring terminals are the same between the models minus a few extra pins on the base models. same with the 2 different main types of ipod cables the rca/ 1/8th in and the ipod cable that charges them.
Old May 28, 2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by mantella
Yes where I work has swapped them between all trim models of the lancer with out problem. The wiring terminals are the same between the models minus a few extra pins on the base models. same with the 2 different main types of ipod cables the rca/ 1/8th in and the ipod cable that charges them.

Thanks for the info.. I will try to wire in some high to low adapters and replace the amp..
Old May 31, 2009, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

Go aftermarket it will save money and sound better.