Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Navi Map Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do you go to buy this disc and "special key"
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...outlander.html
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:04 PM

I bought a new 2008 Evo in June of 2009. The car had the 6 disc, but I paid my dealer an extra $2000 to have the nav installed. They ordered it and put it in 2 weeks later.

The POI's are worthless. This thing doesn't know where any businesses are. It's retarded!

I can put in an address while driving, so that's good, but I can't watch a DVD in motion. I go 20 feet and the feet cuts out and all I have is audio.

I'd like to do the DVD in motion hack [the one where you don't have to take out the hard drive] but I'd really like to get some POI's in there.

If I had to choose I'd have more POI's like my $200 garmin used to know where everything was, and I could do searches based on my current location.

I need to check my version and see if there's even an update CD for me.

Technology can be such a pain the butt.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:08 PM

The navi isn't the greatest
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by emxracer
The navi isn't the greatest
The navi UPDATES aren't the greatest.... The navi itself isn't the worst I've seen.

Originally Posted by jasonwalton
I bought a new 2008 Evo in June of 2009. The car had the 6 disc, but I paid my dealer an extra $2000 to have the nav installed. They ordered it and put it in 2 weeks later.

The POI's are worthless. This thing doesn't know where any businesses are. It's retarded!

I can put in an address while driving, so that's good, but I can't watch a DVD in motion. I go 20 feet and the feet cuts out and all I have is audio.

I'd like to do the DVD in motion hack [the one where you don't have to take out the hard drive] but I'd really like to get some POI's in there.

If I had to choose I'd have more POI's like my $200 garmin used to know where everything was, and I could do searches based on my current location.

It's unfortunate. Do the dvd in motion hack. It doesn't hurt anything. Then if you upgrade, check the software version and see if you can hack it again. Simple.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Wonder if you could just unzip the compressed files and copy them directly over to the hard drive of your nav system once you unlock it.

That would negate the need for a key.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:00 PM

So the 2010 navi upgrade wipes out the DVD video in motion hack?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasonwalton

Whenever I go travelling, I always take my garmin even though the X has Navi!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jamdread
Wonder if you could just unzip the compressed files and copy them directly over to the hard drive of your nav system once you unlock it.

That would negate the need for a key.
I've wondered this same thing. Only down side is all the work to physically remove, then unlock and re-lock the hard drive.