Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

JL Audio Cleansweep Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
JL Audio Cleansweep Questions?

Has anyone tried installing a JL Audio Cleansweep between the Nav Unit and rockford Amp?

It sounds like the CLeansweep will fix the auto leveling issues and should be fairly easy to install under the seat next to the amp.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the rockford amp? Hell does anyone even have any pictures of the amp and all its connectors? What does the amp take in for a signal since the Cleansweep outputs in RCA.

I really want to keep the nav since it seems to control alot of the cars functions like autowipers/keyless entry/ etc etc... plus this would allow me to use the rockford amp for the mid system and use the extra line out on the cleansweep for a sub amp.

ANy help would be great!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save your money on the cleansweep.. wont work with the factory amp.. the auto leveling is in the amp so dont matter what you put it that amp will stilll crap out.. I replaced the factory amp best upgrade ever..
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:03 PM

Are you sure? Like 100% that the Auto leveling is is coming from the amp itself? I have always assumed that it was the head unit doing the leveling, If thats not the case the switching out the Amp for a nice 5 channel amp with some new compent speakers for the front would be the better upgrade.

Why would anyone use the MIT-02 to the keep the factory amp if it is the cause.

How would you convert the Nav system output to RCA outputs for an after market amp? Is it a clean preout that just needs to be coverted to an RCA jack?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought about getting a Cleansweep in the early phases of my setup, but just opted to replace everything. It wasn't compatible enough for my needs. I think it could work with the MMCS, but not the amp. You can get aftermarket 4 or 5 channel amps to fit uner the seats that should work well with the Cleansweep. Find a JL dealer and have them call the support line; JL should be able to tell you all the details.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

replacement?

Originally Posted by sparcomx
Save your money on the cleansweep.. wont work with the factory amp.. the auto leveling is in the amp so dont matter what you put it that amp will stilll crap out.. I replaced the factory amp best upgrade ever..
I am currently considering replacing the factory amp and keeping the factory speakers till they blow. What brand/model amp did you go with? 5 channel? or did you go for 4 channel + mono amp for the sub?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by jamdread
I am currently considering replacing the factory amp and keeping the factory speakers till they blow. What brand/model amp did you go with? 5 channel? or did you go for 4 channel + mono amp for the sub?

Read my thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...y-amp-wow.html
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zeroflux
Are you sure? Like 100% that the Auto leveling is is coming from the amp itself? I have always assumed that it was the head unit doing the leveling, If thats not the case the switching out the Amp for a nice 5 channel amp with some new compent speakers for the front would be the better upgrade.

Why would anyone use the MIT-02 to the keep the factory amp if it is the cause.

How would you convert the Nav system output to RCA outputs for an after market amp? Is it a clean preout that just needs to be coverted to an RCA jack?

Im 100% shure its in the amp that is the reason i tore my car up.. I could not take it.. I upgraded the sub at this point I blew the oem one. but ya no more auto leveling.. I used a high to low adapter after the radio resets to non fosgate mode.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...y-amp-wow.html
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

as far as amps go, i would go with JL audio, they are a lil pricey, but you get what you pay for, then again i have almost always used JL audio exclusively, so therefore im a bit biased.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:36 PM

How much room is under the seat for an amp? Whats the dim of the oem amp?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

you can turn the auto leveling off on the navi head unit
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by AD_LIB
you can turn the auto leveling off on the navi head unit
the auto leveling happens on the amp i found out so the OEM map needs replacing...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for additional info.

I've seen people talking about the CleanSweep, but in the threads I found I did not see anyone saying they had actually used it.

I have an '10 X GSR non-SSS. I'm not really an audiophile (I kept the stock stereo in my VIII for 6 years), but even I can tell that the X's stereo is lacking something. I'm not keen on the idea of replacing the stereo entirely, though I might do that.

The idea I'm playing with is getting a CleanSweep and an aftermarket amp and running it from the stock head unit with the stock speakers. Has anyone done this? Potential downsides?

TIA.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Read all the info from the thread in my signature... Cleansweep is completely unnecessary, as the deck signal is low level, 2 channel, untouched. It's a worthless investment. You might as well just wire those $300 to me, and I'll make better use of them!

I've used a cleansweep in several other cases. They work the best when you can't remove the factory amp. I put one in a Toyota Prius for a huge 2 amp setup, and you couldn't remove the factory amp because it housed all the controls for bluetooth and ALL other car sounds. Stupid. Cleansweep made the whole setup sound great, except I thought there was too much dead noise at high volumes. But that's hard to get away from.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Webman
Read all the info from the thread in my signature...
Your thread is applicable to the non-SSS stereo?