Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

bluetooth keeps on forgetting my phone

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth keeps on forgetting my phone

I've got a X MR with about 1500 miles on it. Ever since I've gotten the car, it will completely forget the phone after several days, and then I have to re-pair the phone. The frequency of having to re-pair the phone is getting worse. If you check the system, there is no phone stored. It seems to dump any memory of any paired phone randomly. When it is paired, it works totally fine. I have an iphone 3G that's been updated to the recent 3.0 software. The dealer is basically trying to blame my problems on the phone and that my phone needs to be updated by an AT&T dealer. Anybody that owns an iphone knows that this is not the case. Anybody have any ideas on what needs to be done? Thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

i have the same problem with my sony erricson.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:03 PM

I have the same problem with my MR, it seems everytime I use my Nav.and talk on the phone it disconnects the bluetooth. I have sprint.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

this is different. The system works perfectly fine when the phone is connected. NO issues. BUT, when I start up the car the next day, the system has lost any record or memory of my phone and I have to re-pair it.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:29 PM

I have the same problem. I posted something about this issue about a month ago. The blue tooth will work fine for about a week and then the car deletes my phone and I have to go through the whole pairing process again. At least the system remembers my phonebook entries.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

does any who has some knowledge about these BT systems have any thoughts on what the problem is?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I have an iphone 3G that's been updated to the recent 3.0 software. The dealer is basically trying to blame my problems on the phone and that my phone needs to be updated by an AT&T dealer.

iPhone? <--- edited to point out that this is stupid because I just read a 3g phone and glanced over the iphone part ::shakes head::

I'm having the same problem... was on a road trip and needed to REPAIR it because of the hands free rules and i got the "beep, for saftey reasons the pairing option is not available while the vehicle is in motion"
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

i've had my car for about a year and it's happened about 3 times to me with the iphone 3g as well. i'm not sure what's causing it either.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

i've had it happen a few times. i don't think it has anything to do with what carrier your on or the brand/model of the phone. i think it is purely on the car's side.

my prius has never had this issue.

Last edited by industry; Jul 31, 2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: grammar correction.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:38 PM

lol @ dealers. I have an iPhone too and same problems. Dealers usually don't know much.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

i have a blackbery and the same here mine will drop the phone anywhere from the same day to 1 1/2 weeks then has to be paired again
i have gottin tired of this and dont really use it now tell someone find a solution
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:01 AM

same schit here..nokia e71. It is the car not the phones..
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:16 AM

If you go into the phone there is a area that says "make my device discoverable to other devices" make sure you permantely have this on if you dont then the phone will de pair. This is different then just having the bluetooth on. I work for Verizon and run into this all the time.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by MR.06MR
If you go into the phone there is a area that says "make my device discoverable to other devices" make sure you permantely have this on if you dont then the phone will de pair. This is different then just having the bluetooth on. I work for Verizon and run into this all the time.
well then how does it recognizes it every time i get in the car and connects and one morning suddenly decides it no longer is paired with the phone?. My visibility is always hidden and this problem is so random and sporadic i do not think it is because of the visibility since it always connects when i get in the car regardlessof visibility once paired. Also my bluetooth connection randomly drops in the middle of the conversation and then gets reconnected. I think the BT system is botched and not worth a penny if that is the way it is going to function...
but i will change the visibility to always on and see how it goes just to be fair..
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
havent had a problem with mine paired with my blackberry nor with my friend's GTS paired with Iphone 3G

Quick Reply: bluetooth keeps on forgetting my phone