Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Nav guidance hard to hear over loud music volumes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nav guidance hard to hear over loud music volumes

Hello,

I am a new evo owner and this is my first post. I just bought a used 2008 evo x mr with the navigaiton. I tried to search these forums for my problem but haven't found any similar to my issue.

So has anyone else notice that the nav guidance is hard to hear over loud music volumes? I have the guidance volume at max setting 7, but when my master volume is anything above level 22, it seems to drown out the guidance voice. Maybe there is something i'm overlooking, but this is really annoying as I like to listen to loud music.

Also, if this is just how it is, i'm thinking about replacing the stock fosgate amp and going with an in-dash eq unit that will control my fade and subwoofer control to my new amps. That way i'll just keep my deck at 22, and use the eq to raise the volume further to keep both the music and guidance linear. I just need to know that the guidance voice is actually played through the stereo signal, and not some other wire that goes to the amp.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a good idea but sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I am still waiting to get my in dash for my car.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have the, I think it says speed compensation, turned on? if youre driving on the highway it gets louder. maybe that will help. I can hear mine fine with high volume music.