Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

installing x910bt help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing x910bt help

so tomorrow me and a friend are going to install the pioneer avic x910bt into y evo x SSS. I did have a few questions and was hoping i could get answers before the install. anyone who can help with the questions below i will greatly appriciate

1.) there is a harness on the pioneer and there are a few connections im not so sure the evo X has./ now I know that the parking break thing is for DVD playback while in motion and I found a hack which relocates that, so no worries there. However, there are the following wires:

ILL (illumintion)

Car speed signal input

reverse gear signal

antenna control

ACC (? accessory power?)

+Battery

do we have conections for all of those? Can someone confim who has hooked up a aftermarket headunit, so I have a heads up? Thanks!

2.) i was told that there is something in the head unit that causes the volume to drop and the bass when it gets to a certain level for a certain period of time. I also just read somewhere that its in the amp? can someone confirm which of these myths are accurate?

3.) GPS antenna - is it ok to mount this under the dash, or does it need to be visible?

4.) I bought the scoshe dash kit, metra mito-02 and the x910bt itself. Knowing that should I be in good shape for this install, or is there anything else I might be missing?

5.) microphone, i know the pioneer deck came w/ a mic, but I know our evo X's w/ BT have a mic somewhere. does this mic in the evo x have the same 2.5 connection as the mic provided w/ the pioneer deck? Would I be able to diconnect the stock mic and attach it to the pioneer headunit, to avoid having to run the mic they provided? Will it reach behind the head unit? could I cut it and put a head on it, and would it sound as good? any info on this at all?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide
Old Feb 21, 2010, 01:08 AM

1) I installed mine year ago, But I am kind of sure that those wires you mentioned ( ILL (illumintion), Car speed signal input ,reverse gear signal,ACC (? accessory power?), +Battery") are connected to the Mito-2. Mito should come with instruction that tells you which wire connect to which. You should connect all of them if you can, but you can ignore the reverse gear wire if you don't have backup camera. I remember I did wired them to the Mito-2, and then connect the Mito to the factory harness.

2)My head unit's volume never drops~

3) Mounting the antenna undering the dash will be find.

4)I think you are good to go. You have all things you need except backup cam if you want to.

5)My evo X doesn't come with bluetooth, so I don't know.

Last edited by fengzhaoxi; Feb 21, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm, since you have the factory bluetooth, you will also want the PAC SWI-PS steering wheel interface to interface with the controls there. You will need to disconnect the factory bluetooth module connector - it is behind the passenger dash.

The factory mic has a different connector, and I am not aware of anyone who has attempted to wire it up to an aftermarket head unit. I ended up running the mic from my head unit up to the same location, and mounted the mic on the rear view mirror since I wasn't getting good sound quality with it located in the light pod.

GPS antenna can be mounted in the factory location if you like. I've had mine both there and on the dash, and I haven't noticed a particular improvement in reception since moving it to the dash.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:38 PM

yea, everything was there, I got it in, and it was way easier then I thought. Ill copy and paste my large post from the other forums, as it goes over my install:

OK, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in incase it helps anyone in their upgrade process.

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours replacing my Factory RF SSS headunit with a Pioneer Avic x910BT headunit. I had all of the following:

Scoshe Dash kit
Metra Mito-02 factory amp turn on kit
Pioneer x910BT double din HU

Schoshe Kit, Needless to say it looks really good, but fitment is less then par. there is a slight gap from the top of the dash to the top of the schoshe faceplate. Its not terrible, like the metra ones I have seen, but its definately not the same as the stock one. I can live with this, its only 1-2 mm or so.

Also, the Pioneer unit comes through, but its very recessed. At the top of it, there is a gap between the face of the HU and the schoshe kit, but unless you have a flashlight its not noticable.

all in all for the price this is a good solution.

Mito-02 kit. This kit is boss. It litterally made it so easy to hook up the new head unit its not even funny. I used wire taps, and just tapped each wire from the Mito-02 to the X910's harness. Once I did this, I hooked it up, and was good to go. everything worked first try.

My only observations are that volume is very low with this solution. I have the sub and mid/high perdometers all the way up, so volume is maxed on both, but I have to run the head unit at 50 to get a good loud sound level (max is 62). Even at 62 its not really loud loud.

also, dunno what caused this but the highs are very washed out. Lows sound great, even better then with the stock head unit. Mids are nice too, but highs are really missing something. We played arround with the settings, and we were able to get it OK, but they are definately not that great, and I will be replacing the stock amp/speakers to rememdy this in the near future.

Headunit install overall was a breeze, way easier then it was on my cobalt when i replaced it.

I think the stock amp is a piece of sheeet, so I will be replacing it in the next few weeks, and probably pick up a 4 channel and replace the speakers at the same time with something decent.

http://www.xenshardware.com/images/IMAG0004.jpg

http://www.xenshardware.com/images/IMAG0005.jpg

http://www.xenshardware.com/images/IMAG0006.jpg

http://www.xenshardware.com/images/IMAG0007.jpg

http://www.xenshardware.com/images/IMAG0008.jpg

http://www.xenshardware.com/images/IMAG0009.jpg

Last edited by Xenozx; Feb 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you buy all these and how much are they? I'm planning on doing the same thing and I also have the SSS package.

Can you pls send me a link? Do you also have a DIY with pictures on how to install all these? Thanks much!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:38 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by humblehyper
Where did you buy all these and how much are they? I'm planning on doing the same thing and I also have the SSS package.

Can you pls send me a link? Do you also have a DIY with pictures on how to install all these? Thanks much!
You can try Crutchfield.. they're usually a little more expensive, but they also throw in your dash kit, wiring harness, and install guide for free. Plus, they're an authorized dealer for everything they carry.. in case having a warranty matters.

They have the x900bt for $800 after mail-in-rebate (incl. s&h), but it doesn't look like they have the MITO-02 at the moment.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:52 PM

i got the avic-z110bt through 6ave.com because they are an authorized dealer (warranty + $200 rebate) and then price matched the unit to an authorized dealer selling it on amazon. i get a better price than on the 6ave website AND get the $200 rebate. did you get the factory bluetooth buttons to work with the pioneer unit? this is my concern.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AFD
You can try Crutchfield.. they're usually a little more expensive, but they also throw in your dash kit, wiring harness, and install guide for free. Plus, they're an authorized dealer for everything they carry.. in case having a warranty matters.
I'm still trying to understand how they can deny you warranty for purchasing their product off ebay? They manufactured the item therefore they should provide warranty if it's faulty no matter who sells it.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by AFD

They have the x900bt for $800 after mail-in-rebate (incl. s&h), but it doesn't look like they have the MITO-02 at the moment.
CARTOYS through amazon has this unit for $540 BEFORE the $100 rebate. damn that's a good price! i chose the z110bt though and don't regret it. it came out to $700 after rebate for mine.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 01:10 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
I'm still trying to understand how they can deny you warranty for purchasing their product off ebay? They manufactured the item therefore they should provide warranty if it's faulty no matter who sells it.
Ya, I totally don't agree w/the policy, but it seems to be the norm with almost all car audio mfgs anymore. Just figured I'd mention it since there's a rebate involved, and Pioneer will only honor purchases from authorized retailers.

I got burned last year buying a $500 eclipse sub from ebay where the aluminum cone literally tore itself apart like I took a can opener to it. Only had it for 4-months, and eclipse refused to even discuss the issue with me.

Anyway, here's a list of authorized online dealers for Pioneer if it helps (LINK).
Old Mar 2, 2010, 08:55 AM

Hey, I bought mine from comp-u-plus, it was 550. I also had 10% off coupon I used, and I saw the 100 dollar rebate. I did read the rebate closely, and I will be sending it in, however the rebate form clearly states "Premium reseller" and when I checked pioneers site, it listed about 6 preminum resellers (best buy, crutchfield, etc) 6ave or what ever was not one of them, and neither was comp-u-plus. I knew that going in. I really hope they honor the rebate, but I wont get my hopes up.

I just did this using a few guides i found on this forum and the evo x forums. pretty simple, only thing I needed a guide for was how to get the stock radio out. I took care of the rest.

as for warranty, when you buy off ebay, its no different than buying from chuck, the fencer on the cornere of your street. I dont blame them for denying these sellers, however, I think if a legitimate company sells stuff on ebay it should be covered.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:42 AM

on the rebate form it says:
"1. Purchase a brand new Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT (or X910BT) from an Authorized
Pioneer OR Pioneer Premier Dealer between October 16, 2009 and
March 31, 2010."

If you go to pioneer's website and click "where to buy" then click "authorized online dealers" www.6ave.com is listed. Just want to inform anyone looking to purchase either unit. not to mention 6th ave has the rebate form directly on their product page so why would they do that if pioneer wouldn't honor it??? (http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PIOAVICZ110BT)