Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

New Install: Alpine INA-W900 All-in-one Navigation/Audio/Video System

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm from Miami, (120 degrees inside a car parked under sun rays) i had a pioneer Avic 900 BT, nice unit. My tips for everyone is to have these multifuntional expensive units instaled with some ruber or damper material around, also provide a good ventilation or heat protection, maybe an 4" electric fan, or they wont last much with all the vibrations, hard suspention and heat
unless you get one of the last "solid state" hard drive units be carefull driving with these units or you will finish like me, changing hard drives every 3 months.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 01:05 PM

good tip. do they sell these with solid state drives? i had one in my carputer setup but id like to go to a aftermarket setup like pioneer or alpine
Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Dang, these systems look good. I guess it was only a matter of time they would have came out with a kit for these cars to install double din systems. Makes me wish I opted for a non-factory Navi system........
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:56 AM

those are some nice clean installs.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:27 PM

2009 es?

Superb !

Do you think your setups will fit in a Lancer ES 2009? I currently don't have a navi system, only the stock stereo without ipod connection.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mobynick
Superb !

Do you think your setups will fit in a Lancer ES 2009? I currently don't have a navi system, only the stock stereo without ipod connection.
Absolutely. The radio and the kits are all the same for all the Lancers. It's just a matter of if you have the Fosgate system or not.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:59 AM

Pac

HeavyD, if I'm right, you got the PAC SWI-Jack adapter from Crutchfield to control the deck from the steering? Does it work well and is it hard to install? On their website they say that an additional adapter may be needed.. is that true? Also, does it retain the BlueTooth controls (to connect the cellphone) on the steering wheel?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mobynick
HeavyD, if I'm right, you got the PAC SWI-Jack adapter from Crutchfield to control the deck from the steering? Does it work well and is it hard to install? On their website they say that an additional adapter may be needed.. is that true? Also, does it retain the BlueTooth controls (to connect the cellphone) on the steering wheel?
Yes it works well for audio but I'm not using the bluetooth controls (don't have them on my steering wheel) as I just use the touchscreen on the deck to make calls.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
If you have the Fosgate System you will need the Mito-02 harness;
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...mito-02-a.html

I'm not sure about retaining the bluetooth. You will have to research that.
So, if I have the non RF system I don't need the Mito harness? What do I need to plug the unit in? Do I have to splice wires or is there another adapter harness?

Is there redundancy in the PAC Switch and the Blue Tooth Adapter? I have the Blue Tooth steering wheel controls, so if the PAC retains that, why do I need the Alpine specific Blue Tooth adapter?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:14 AM

clean, looks stock
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by slebo3213
So, if I have the non RF system I don't need the Mito harness? What do I need to plug the unit in? Do I have to splice wires or is there another adapter harness?

Is there redundancy in the PAC Switch and the Blue Tooth Adapter? I have the Blue Tooth steering wheel controls, so if the PAC retains that, why do I need the Alpine specific Blue Tooth adapter?
I just installed the same setup as HeavyD (thanks to HeavyD for the inspiration ). It's veeeeery nice!

I also had the OEM BT installed and searched the entire web to find any solution to retain those steering wheel control (SWC) buttons (and the microphone). As far as I know, you cannot retain ANY of the factory BT parts with a Lancer/Alpine setup. I know that the PAC SWI-PS could do it, but only with a Pioneer/Sony unit and it is not compatible with Lancers. The module I used for the SWC is Access ASWC (by Metra). I've seen some lag issues with the PAC SWI-Jack on forums, that's why I went for Access (which works flawlessly BTW). It also can be programmed with more functions. It has the possibility to be programmed for BT phone SWC, but it seems that it cannot recognize Lancer BT controls... maybe there will be an update someday (you can update the module with a USB cable). Finally, I installed the KCE-400BT (w/ INA-w900) and wired the microphone inside the reading lights plate, using the touch buttons on the screen the answer/hang-up (which isn't that bad anyway).

And the harness you need for a 2008+ Lancer is the Metra #70-7005 (Scosche also has one). You don't need the splice wires for most of the connections, BUT I had to splice 2 wires on the original harness for the ASWC because they were not (or I couldn't find them) in the Metra harness.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

^

Thanks Mobynick. Did you do the Sirius too? If so, do you need the whole package with the tuner, or just the KCA-SC100?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by slebo3213
^

Thanks Mobynick. Did you do the Sirius too? If so, do you need the whole package with the tuner, or just the KCA-SC100?
No, I installed the INA-w900, KCE-400BT with a Scosche kit, Access ASWC and TR-7 module (to bypass the brakes wires), nothing more... wish I had more money
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:55 PM

Check it out I never post, I usually just read but I had to this time. I got hooked up fat. I just got the w900bt in the mail today for $749. Seriously just wanted to let who ever does not have one yet know, so they can get hooked up. Just thought I would share the wealth....pacificstereo.com INAW900BT9151
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:00 AM

kit

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
this is mine looks more oem though.
what dash kit is this?