Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

New Install: Alpine INA-W900 All-in-one Navigation/Audio/Video System

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Install: Alpine INA-W900 All-in-one Navigation/Audio/Video System

Very happy with how this turned out. I installed the INA-W900 deck, KCE-400BT Bluetooth Adapter, KTP-445 Power Pack (45W x 4), KCA-SC100 Sirius Connect Interface, PAC Steering Wheel Control Adapter, Alpine SPS-600C 6-1/2" Component Speakers Front, & Infinity REF 6032si 6.5" Speakers Rear.

Pros: Much, much better audio quality and volume. I'm not a big basehead so this is really all I need. The INA-W900 is the most user friendly full featured deck I've ever used and the iPod controls are second to none. Bluetooth works excellent, more features and much better than the OEM Bluetooth setup.

Cons: For a fully featured deck the INA-W900 really lacks any customization features and is a little on the plain side. If you are using the JDM dash kit don't bother buying this deck. It protrudes big time from the front. The Scosche is the 3rd dash kit I've installed. I originally had the JDM but didn't like how recessed it was as it didn't look clean with the deck protruding. The EVO-R was my favourite as fitiment is nearly as good as JDM but it protrudes out more so aftermarket decks look much cleaner, almost OEM. As you can see with the pics the bottom of the deck curves out forward which is actually nice ergonomically but it protrudes out of the dash well over an inch. The Scosche works for this as it places the deck deep (too deep actually) but in this application it works. I'm using the stock mounting brackets and the deck fills virtually the entire opening space that is normally a deep cavern on other decks. Unfortunately I hate the gap at the top where it meets the dash but to me it's the lesser of the two evils.

I apologize for the substandard pics. I can install virtually anything on a car but still can't get a digital camera to take a decent picture;

Old Mar 14, 2010, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it looks amazinggg =]
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:46 AM

i like the scosche kit. the jdm kit fits nicer on the edges but it has the indent around the unit that looks silly. is the alpine unit slow to load sometimes? i read reviews from some models that the navigation is slow to load because it's an add-on (even though it comes with some units it's still removable).
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kheovnien
i like the scosche kit. the jdm kit fits nicer on the edges but it has the indent around the unit that looks silly. is the alpine unit slow to load sometimes? i read reviews from some models that the navigation is slow to load because it's an add-on (even though it comes with some units it's still removable).
Navigation isn't an add on with the INA-W900 it's built in (You can see the antenna mounted at the front of the dash). You are probably thinking of last years models that had a docking bay behind the faceplate for the Blackbird portable. Loading is very fast on this unit. Much faster than Pioneer decks.

Unfortunately there just isn't a perfect dash kit for these cars. The JDM kit fits and matches perfect but the opening is way to recessed making your deck protrude like it has an erection. I hated the protruding deck look of the JDM kit so much I sold it and went with the RVO-R kit instead. This deck would look horrible matched with the JDM dash kit that's for sure as it didn't look good with the EVO-R kit.

Last edited by heavyD; Mar 15, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:51 AM

this is mine looks more oem though.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:03 PM

Both look good and clean
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
this is mine looks more oem though.
WOW beautifully flush, what set up is this??
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice system
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:17 PM

how is your ipod connected to the stereo and where do you keep it? Looks good btw
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:38 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
Very happy with how this turned out...
Looks very nice.. too bad you didn't take comparison pictures of all those dash kits for us here! Gotta couple dumb questions, if you get a chance..

That's the Scosche kit in your pictures, or the Evo-R?
Did you need the Alpine's trim ring for that kit, or for any of the other kits?
Where did you hide all the Alpine adapters? (can't believe they haven't integrated all that stuff by now!)
Is the INA-W900 new for 2010, or last year's model?
How many band EQ? Any high/low pass filters?

@ Kinglasserres: Is that the Hasda? How do you like it?

Kay, done playing twenty-questions.. srry, lol.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alktrio06
how is your ipod connected to the stereo and where do you keep it? Looks good btw
New Alpine decks have full speed iPod connections using USB and video. There is also an additional connection available for another iPod. I can also connect via bluetooth capable iPods and iPhones or any cell phone MP3 player but the sound quality isn't as good. I keep the ipod in my glove compartment.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AFD
Looks very nice.. too bad you didn't take comparison pictures of all those dash kits for us here! Gotta couple dumb questions, if you get a chance..

That's the Scosche kit in your pictures, or the Evo-R?
Did you need the Alpine's trim ring for that kit, or for any of the other kits?
Where did you hide all the Alpine adapters? (can't believe they haven't integrated all that stuff by now!)
Is the INA-W900 new for 2010, or last year's model?
How many band EQ? Any high/low pass filters?

@ Kinglasserres: Is that the Hasda? How do you like it?

Kay, done playing twenty-questions.. srry, lol.
That's the Scosche kit. I still have the EVO-R kit and will probably put it up for sale. The trim ring isn't required for the Scosche kit. JDM kit is the only kit where the trim ring is required as the opening is larger than double din. The adapters (Bluetooth, Sirius, Pac) are all hidden behind the glove compartment. There's a fair bit of room back there. The deck is new for 2010. There are high/low pass filters and bass/treble frequency settings but not a band EQ.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:22 AM

Nice install. I like how the new model has the red/white display and buttons.

I have the older unit and it is blue/white so it doesn't look as nice with the stock Evo instrumentation.

Here is what the JDM dash kit looks like with a similar Alpine deck (picture taken from my car):
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ha Ha, the IVA-W505 was actually my outgoing deck. The navigation with the blackbird sucked and I despised the bright blue LCD buttons. It was a solid deck (great iPod functionality) but my version didn't work with the 3G iPhone. The new model is pretty similar but the navigation is night and day better.

The JDM dash kit opening is larger than double din. Did the trim ring cover the gaps around the deck? I can't tell from that pic. My first deck (Sony XAVW1) didnt come with a trim ring and looked unfinished with the JDM kit.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:46 PM

heavyD, do u have pics of your EVO-R kit? I've never seen them or even heard of who makes them. I have my scosche kit still in the box waiting for installation this weekend (avic-z110bt) so if you're thinking of selling i might buy it if it's a better fit. let me know. thanks!

Quick Reply: New Install: Alpine INA-W900 All-in-one Navigation/Audio/Video System