Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

AC lights do not turn on after installing new deck

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AC lights do not turn on after installing new deck

I just installed a clarion VZ400 in-dash screen and it works great, I am really happy with it. The only issue now is that the lights that light up my evo's air conditioning control center does not turn on. Is it possible that i blew the fuse while installing the new deck or is it a wiring thing. How can I fix this issue, I would hate to just leave it that way.

As of today now when i turn on my headlights the dashboard lights for all my meters turns off as well.what the hell is going on?

Another question: Now that I am addressing the Air conditioning panel is there anyway to change the color of the light?

Last edited by SuccaFree*415*; Apr 22, 2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Probably your hazzard light in your dash doesnt light too.Try disconnecting the orange wire (dimmer) ,I have the same problem in Honda TSX, sometimes this can cause issues with dash lights.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your deck came with a dimmer/illumination wire (I expect so in your case) disconnect it.
Old May 8, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Did you find solution,whats wrong?
Old May 25, 2010, 03:57 PM

Hey I'm getting ready to get the same HU, I was curious if a dash kit of any kind was needed to mount it into the dash, or if any trimming to the dash panel was needed? Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the lights?