Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Krazy navi for the Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2010, 03:19 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whoang40
I bought one exactly like that from ebay for my MR...
How's the sound quality compared to the stock Mitsu stereo?? And is there any EQ or crossovers built-in?

Found another video that's a 5+ minute demo.. looks more OEM than the factory RF navi, lol. Unfortunately, the daylight glare looks pretty nasty. Would be perfect if Alpine or Pioneer made something that looked this nice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uJNjOATDs
Old Jul 2, 2010, 03:38 AM

Hmm to buy this or buy more performance mods...
Old Jul 2, 2010, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by melachu
Hmm to buy this or buy more performance mods...
Performance mods.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy both its only $500
Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AFD
How's the sound quality compared to the stock Mitsu stereo?? And is there any EQ or crossovers built-in?

Found another video that's a 5+ minute demo.. looks more OEM than the factory RF navi, lol. Unfortunately, the daylight glare looks pretty nasty. Would be perfect if Alpine or Pioneer made something that looked this nice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uJNjOATDs
I think the sound quality is a little better than OEM since it has a built in EQ. Yes the glare is bad, I'm going to put a piece of plastic to use as a visor above the unit. This is where I got my install info details about the Ebay unit I got.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ment-pics.html
Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

i got the Pioneer navi unit with ipod touchscreen controls..love it

Last edited by poof101; Jul 2, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:19 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info Whoang!

Couple other questions, if you get a chance.. have you ever gotten album art to show when playing MP3s from USB/SD? It doesn't look like there's a "now playing" screen with artist/track info, just a file browser. Does the GPS, or any other parts of the user interface, automatically go darker at night? (by either dimming the screen, or changing to darker colors on maps and backgrounds). Is there any RCA pre-outs on the system, for running external amps? And is the EQ multiband, or bass/treble only?

Thanks again!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:02 PM

I just searched "lancer gps" on ebay and it looks like there are different sellers selling the same thing. Can anybody steer me in the right direction who to purchase it from? I am thinking of purchasing it from perfectly_media due to selling over 756 items and over 100% feedback...
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:57 PM

I read perfectly_media feedback, and everyone has said good things on the deck. But they said the steering controls only work with fosgate. Plus I think they all use different os on the other sellers. Which is the best? But i heard the new 2011 Evo is coming with fuse navi.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

if you guys want more info on that nav system there is like a 30 page thread about it over on 9glancers about all the people that have ordered and how it performs and troubleshooting it has mixed reviews but I have one works good wouldn't say great but good

http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,6139.0.html
Old Jul 3, 2010, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like a legit unit with tons of cool features but in some of the pics the fitment looks like crap (Metra/Scosche or worse) and that would drive me nuts.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by poof101
i got the Pioneer navi unit with ipod touchscreen controls..love it

The Infamous. Great album.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:39 AM

Okay i have this unit before and what i can say is this unit is good quality the fitness is great, sound is better than stock but the problem is you will lost your factory bluetooth function and steering control on the phone But you can use the unit bluetooth as a alternative also if your lucky the seller will ship the unit with a Gps program iif not you have to buy it. The unit is straight bolt on but you have to let the seller know that kind of factory system you have either you have a RF system SSS package or the regular that the base GSR have so you'll get the right harness. The unit that i have before the gsp keep starting and took the unit out the car and sold it not knowing that i have the wrong harness. I might (will) be getting this unit again because i already know the quality and what to expect. Check out 9glancer.com for more info on this and read their review.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:53 AM

I know the factory outlander unit is MZ360303EX, That unit has ipod function. But the dealership said it will not work for sure. I thought I give the info and hopefully find out if any one has try to put it in.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

honestly, it looks like crap and the icons look ugly as well. That said, just for the USB and ipod integration, I wouldn't mind selling my stock one and get this one instead Maybe if my OEM one dies

Quick Reply: Krazy navi for the Evo X