Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Rockford stock decibel limit? Got the lamest ticket ever recorded by mankind today...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW.... if you can prove that it wasnt a sound level issue and the cop or judge state that it was instead a ticket for your yelling, let them know that freedom of speech will not allow them to issue a ticket for that unless it was involved in a hate crime in one form or another. People can yell, holler and cheer and if its excessive can get a warning for disturbing the peace but that doesnt involve a vehicular ticket and the courts cannot modify that during the course of the pre-trial or hearing.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spy007
BTW.... if you can prove that it wasnt a sound level issue and the cop or judge state that it was instead a ticket for your yelling, let them know that freedom of speech will not allow them to issue a ticket for that unless it was involved in a hate crime in one form or another. People can yell, holler and cheer and if its excessive can get a warning for disturbing the peace but that doesnt involve a vehicular ticket and the courts cannot modify that during the course of the pre-trial or hearing.
The description on the ticket says "unnecessary noise intensity volume" written exactly like that. I'm not sure if that is even an offense. I thought it had to be disturbing the peace or something like that.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Well... here's a sticky part....

Most ordinances have been modified over the years to reflect what the city/county/state consider "reasonable levels" and measured in decibels. Other places that do not have the ordinances modified will rely on their officers to use "common sense and judgement" while enforcing. Locations that are modified will usually be able to get a citation like this dropped if you can prove what I said before about you being within the law (proof) and the officer had no method of obtaining the sound level. The un-modified areas will be harder to fight since you have to prove what the "reasonable level" is and that you were under it. Doing so usually requires a lawyer and lots of paperwork and legwork with the lawyer putting on a good defense in court. For example if you were along a residential strip or neighborhood and the cop thought you were too loud... good luck fighting that unless it was REALLY unreasonable and you have eye witness proof from people who are neutral to your case (meaning not friends). If you were on a busy industrial road where there were metal shops, forklifts, chainsaws and other things... then its easier because of the ambient noise in the area.

Usually in unmodified areas.... if you get a complaint of noise, thats all the cops need if they are feeling like dicks.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

btw... "unnecessary noise intensity volume" is the same thing as disturbing the peace
Old Jul 9, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

We were around some restaurants with live entertainment and arcades. That's all they have along the strip in Hampton really. Basically, I wasn't the only one being remotely loud. The fireworks had just ended so there were still plenty of people out and about.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Have you looked to see if there is a decibel limit for your city/county?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
EvolutionTheory, The only advice I can give you is to just make a fake repair ticket saying you had the stock exhaust installed and take this to court.. Thats what I do. The judges dont care. Unlike these loser cops that have a chip on there shoulder. The Judges don't care about stupid tickets. Good luck
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by awdboosted
EvolutionTheory, The only advice I can give you is to just make a fake repair ticket saying you had the stock exhaust installed and take this to court.. Thats what I do. The judges dont care. Unlike these loser cops that have a chip on there shoulder. The Judges don't care about stupid tickets. Good luck
My exhaust is stock. The issue was the rockford system being too loud.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

My RF system isn't loud enough to possibly get a ticket! With some older songs from the 80's that are recorded at a lower level, it can't even overcome the noise of the windows down at 70 mph. It's terrible!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

To the OP. Why didn't you just turn down the stereo when he came up to you?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

I have been waiting for ages to know the song name
Old Aug 10, 2010, 01:10 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drocksmash
I have been waiting for ages to know the song name
Lol, you must've missed it on the 2nd page..

Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory
It was "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit.
I'm still wondering if he ever took it to court.. since it's been over a month ago, I'm guessing he just paid the fine.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:10 PM

I've been given plenty of warnings for rocking "too loud" in my town. which is pretty ridiculous considering you can hear the clubs from my house at 11 o'clock at night.

Seaside Heights cops have something up their butts, however I've managed to not get a ticket the 2 years I've lived here (I've even yelled at the chief of police because he was tailgating me)