Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How not to get your Evo stolen

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How not to get your Evo stolen

I wanted to start a thread i'n the protection of our investments
There are people out there that make their car nice at the expense of a hard working person so here we go

Did you know how easy it is to steal an Evo even with a chipped key or smart key...
1. If I have an Evo and I want to take your Evo all I need is my key and my keys security module all that needs to be done is break your ignition present my key with my chip i'n the hole and unplug ur module and plug mine and I'm gone
2.it only takes 15 minutes or less for two guys to locate and disable your lo-jack -
3.if I have a friend i'n the dealer ship I can get a key for your car with your vin# all dealers ask for proof of ownership but when a parts guys making a$1000 for a key all that is out the window they will sell a thief a key
So I want to educate u i'n protection of your rides
1.never sleep on your ride what that means is don't leave your car for long periods of time where you can't see it
2. Multi locks are good
3.alarm system with air horns and a pager
And pay your alarm guy extra so he could hide the brain deeper i'n your dash and to put a relay on the brain so that if they unplug your brain the car really won't start
4.tracking system but don't let no one know that you have it on the car trust no one
5.if you could go go the dealer and have them reprogram your keys but not to store the info i'n their computer
And you guys also share the best ways to protect your cars
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor

the best solution is installing a Ravelco system, google it and see whats its all about
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^ If they want it they will tow you away and you lose^^^

The best if a fuel pump cut off and if your like me I take my spark tech box with me
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Flatbed trumps everything you said...word to my 95 Acura Legend Coupe LS with Lo-Jack, Viper alarm, Autolock AND SuperClub..lol, they still got it. Lo-Jac recovered it in pieces at a chop shop with other cars. At least they made arrests but my baby is gone forever.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:49 PM

The only thing with tow trucks is that i'n some states they made new laws throwing the book at car thieves that steal with tow trucks .. Were lucky to be awd cause when you hook with a regular tow truck and joy a flatbed on an Evo even for a short distance your transfer case is done and most car thieves don't want damage .
Old Aug 18, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Go ahead and steal mine. Make sure when you're done with it you put it in a lake so insurance pays it off... I really don't give two ****s. :-)
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

^ lol
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by i64X
Go ahead and steal mine. Make sure when you're done with it you put it in a lake so insurance pays it off... I really don't give two ****s. :-)
That's the way I think too. But I do worry about my mods though!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

car garage with house alarm
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killabee
I wanted to start a thread i'n the protection of our investments
There are people out there that make their car nice at the expense of a hard working person so here we go

Did you know how easy it is to steal an Evo even with a chipped key or smart key...
1. If I have an Evo and I want to take your Evo all I need is my key and my keys security module all that needs to be done is break your ignition present my key with my chip i'n the hole and unplug ur module and plug mine and I'm gone
2.it only takes 15 minutes or less for two guys to locate and disable your lo-jack -
3.if I have a friend i'n the dealer ship I can get a key for your car with your vin# all dealers ask for proof of ownership but when a parts guys making a$1000 for a key all that is out the window they will sell a thief a key
So I want to educate u i'n protection of your rides
1.never sleep on your ride what that means is don't leave your car for long periods of time where you can't see it
2. Multi locks are good
3.alarm system with air horns and a pager
And pay your alarm guy extra so he could hide the brain deeper i'n your dash and to put a relay on the brain so that if they unplug your brain the car really won't start
4.tracking system but don't let no one know that you have it on the car trust no one
5.if you could go go the dealer and have them reprogram your keys but not to store the info i'n their computer
And you guys also share the best ways to protect your cars
you're incorrect, being a professional installer i can tell you that the immobilizer module is registered to your etacs ECU. only a dealer scantool can register a new one in.

a flatbed is really the only problem
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

install two different kill switch.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:51 PM

If somebody wants your car bad enough they will steal it no matter what you do. On that note, anybody will steal anything you own if they want it bad enough.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:27 PM

That's why I have insurance. If you want my car, make sure you chop it up because I'll be happy to have my insurance buy me a new one.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jackal5555
That's why I have insurance. If you want my car, make sure you chop it up because I'll be happy to have my insurance buy me a new one.
lol exactly.

I park mine hidden in a garage. Go ahead, if you want to try and get shot -that's fine. If you do get it, I make a monthly payment to my insurance company that will compensate me.

either way, I win.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by compscibOi
lol exactly.

I park mine hidden in a garage. Go ahead, if you want to try and get shot -that's fine. If you do get it, I make a monthly payment to my insurance company that will compensate me.

either way, I win.
My German shepherds stay in my garage where I keep my evo. They are trained and uncaged.

Lol have fun if someone wants to have a go at my car.