Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Fuse system with USB retrofit question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuse system with USB retrofit question

I have 2010 GSR with Navi. I know 2011 Lancer has an option of adding a Fuse handsfree system ($499 accessory), so I was wondering if anybody knows if this is possible to install on EVO too.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 08:38 PM

I want to know the same thing
Old Nov 1, 2010, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Ditto. I would love to be able to retrofit this into my '10 X with Nav/Rockford. Am still waiting for the DVD/Aux hack for video in motion for my software version. It stopped right before mine
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:28 PM

man thats it 499!!!! gosh mitsubishi better have made this thing backwards compatible
hell I wonder if it will require a software upgrade cause id love to have just a usb port to hook my ipod to.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 02:14 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From Russell@Mitsubishiparts.net

Im looking at the bulletin Mitsubishi sent out to the dealers regarding the new FUSE System that can be added to the 2011 Models. It states that this system is not compatible with Audio Systems prior to 11MY.

Perhaps there is a solution out there, but I do not know it. Hopefully someone with some audio & electronics knowledge can sort it or shed some light on the matter.
Sad Panda.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

There is a special wiring harness for Fuse. It is a very expensive retrofit. (As told to me by the area service rep for MMNA. He estimated it at 10 hours of labor on top of the parts - wiring harness, deck, etc.)
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by mrMTB
There is a special wiring harness for Fuse. It is a very expensive retrofit. (As told to me by the area service rep for MMNA. He estimated it at 10 hours of labor on top of the parts - wiring harness, deck, etc.)

I tend to not take reps words to serious as they do not understand the technical aspects if every device in a car they represent. I can totally see there being a USB harness a new fuze box harness and maybe a firmware upgrade to accept iPod display features. It's the same chassis not a complete redo. There should be some stuff able to salvage from our systems. Btw I wanna see this service bulletin that is supposed to be out cause I havnt seen it from my representatives

Last edited by Doug200T; Nov 11, 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:16 AM
Account Disabled

Do they imply Head Unit by audio system? I think I have '11 HU installed because I have RTT in my Nav, so i should be good...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the WHOLE FUSE system doesnt work, but what about just the USB?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:06 PM

From what I understand, it's not doable/very hard. Some of the Outlander guys etc have tried it w/no success that I know of. The stupid USB port is in the glovebox (retarded design) and believe you need a new head unit.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:09 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chang_Wufei_05
From what I understand, it's not doable/very hard. Some of the Outlander guys etc have tried it w/no success that I know of. The stupid USB port is in the glovebox (retarded design) and believe you need a new head unit.
Thats the thing though... if I just have to install the head unit from the '11 and the FUSE module and can keep the rest I'm in. If I have to get a new amp... still considering it. If I have to add a wire or two, no big deal. If I need to completely rip out the main loom for the car, well... now we are talking difficult.

I can't imagine that they would be that stupid.... wait, who am I kidding?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by fostytou
Thats the thing though... if I just have to install the head unit from the '11 and the FUSE module and can keep the rest I'm in. If I have to get a new amp... still considering it. If I have to add a wire or two, no big deal. If I need to completely rip out the main loom for the car, well... now we are talking difficult.

this is we're talking about...
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou

Just wondering if you found out anything?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the FUSE system is standard on all 2011. i didnt order it for my evo and it came with it. check in the glove box you might already have the USB port in there. its hidden by a flap
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:53 AM

Hello everyone, I have look into this in the past. So you need a new deck, and a new Bluetooth module. plus there is a extra harness. on top of that there is the usb port. it is all possible, I am thinking of doing it myself. But I have not had the time to. The deck you can get of ebay, if you want the nav. Good luck

Quick Reply: Fuse system with USB retrofit question