Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

NOOB QUESTION about MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOOB QUESTION about MMCS

Greetings, and thanks for reading! As you can tell I only joined today after I collected my 2010 EVO X SST. It is a J-Spec, and the previous owner (some random japanese dude) really pimped it out..

Ralliart hard piping, Intake, various CF pieces .... Etc. (Ill post a few pics soon after she's all detailed)

Now here's my problem.. The ROCKFORD FOSGATE head unit is in Japanese...
I went on youtube and was able to figure out button sequences for equalizer settings. But that's as far as I can get. Its an ok system, but has great features I'd like to keep the smart buttons on the steering for phone etc.

QUESTION -
Does anyone know if an American unit can be swapped out with a J-Spec version? Or will I have issues?

I checked, and it has the aux input jacks in the lower dash pocket above the cig lighter, and a japanese nav unit under the drivers (Right) seat. But I'm sure there isn't a map for Trinidad unless it works off Google Earth. So I don't care for navi function, just the phone and English menu really.

Again, thanks for reading. Hope someone can help!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

i was just reading in the owners manual that you can change the language on any of the US models so you might be able to on the JDM version if its the same part. japanese and english are both saved on there
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:08 AM

Thanks for repyling! Any idea of the key sequence?

Also, in looking at an english version on ebay.. Hope I get lucky!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:10 AM

Any idea what buttons or button sequence?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by krazykustomz
Greetings, and thanks for reading! As you can tell I only joined today after I collected my 2010 EVO X SST. It is a J-Spec, and the previous owner (some random japanese dude) really pimped it out..

Ralliart hard piping, Intake, various CF pieces .... Etc. (Ill post a few pics soon after she's all detailed)

Now here's my problem.. The ROCKFORD FOSGATE head unit is in Japanese...
I went on youtube and was able to figure out button sequences for equalizer settings. But that's as far as I can get. Its an ok system, but has great features I'd like to keep the smart buttons on the steering for phone etc.

QUESTION -
Does anyone know if an American unit can be swapped out with a J-Spec version? Or will I have issues?

I checked, and it has the aux input jacks in the lower dash pocket above the cig lighter, and a japanese nav unit under the drivers (Right) seat. But I'm sure there isn't a map for Trinidad unless it works off Google Earth. So I don't care for navi function, just the phone and English menu really.

Again, thanks for reading. Hope someone can help!
Hi there,

We can convert your Japanese MMCS to English.

Please contact us through our website.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=737709665

www.Giz-Tec.com