Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2011 GSR Carputer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOralliart
I ghettoed it a bit.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...elocation.html

Might be a bit different in the newer Lancers since they redesigned the cubbies.

I'm actually working with a guy to do a fiberglass mold on the dash for the 7 inch touchscreen. I'm thinking I'll have that and just put my stock radio back in and run the carputer from the aux. This way I get my SW buttons back and my bluetooth buttons.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:56 AM

Thank you for this post. My stock non-navi radio just took a powder (out of warranty) and I'm now looking into building a carPC to replace it.

Are you happy with the lilliput screen? How is daylight visibility with it?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by ctoast
Thank you for this post. My stock non-navi radio just took a powder (out of warranty) and I'm now looking into building a carPC to replace it.

Are you happy with the lilliput screen? How is daylight visibility with it?

The lilliput screen has worked great so far,I am having a little issue with the screen separating from the plastic bezel but I believe It's my fault. (my hdmi kind of hangs off the back pulling the screen down a little) Just make sure the HDMI cable is supported so there's no long term drag on the screen.

The daylight viewing is alright, in direct sunlight it's sometimes hard to see videos but when that happens I usually just crank the brightness up and it works out. They do make a screen that has some anti-glare on it but the price is around $600 so I opted for just turning the brightness up.

One last thing, if you buy a lilliput make sure it has the auto on. The Auto-on allows the screen to turn on when power is recieved if this feature is not turned on you will have to turn the screen on by remote every time. Most models have this but you have to take the screen apart to get it to fit in the aftermarket bezel By-Byte I think it's called. (some screens you can buy already in the bezel this is what I did). In order to turn the auto-on feature on you have to use the buttons on the front which is harder to do if you buy the screen with the bezel already (google the model of the lilliput and the words hidden menu, the instructions are all over the place)

Almost forgot, DO NOT BUY THE 5 WIRE Lilliput unless you do the research. The 5 wire models are bigger and by-byte at the time I bought my screen (4 wire) had not released a double din bezel for it.

Good luck, if you need any more info feel free to ask.

Last edited by kazshell; Sep 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kazshell
Almost forgot, DO NOT BUY THE 5 WIRE Lilliput unless you do the research. The 5 wire models are bigger and by-byte at the time I bought my screen (4 wire) had not released a double din bezel for it.
+1

I bought the 5 wire and the bezel for the other screen and didn't know it wouldn't fit. I tried to make it fit but I ended up breaking the screen. I now have the 4wire screen that was preassembled.

As for sunlight, the only time I have issue is in direct sunlight. It usually doesn't cause a problem with the times I drive.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:28 AM

Im thinking about starting one of these projects myself now, just wanted to see how yours is running? Any problems with mito-02? I was thinking about doing the AUX idea as well but another member told he gets a bit of engine whine doing it this way. Also can you play your iTunes music through centafuse or do you need to convert it?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:36 AM

double post
Old Nov 1, 2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Identitycrisis
Im thinking about starting one of these projects myself now, just wanted to see how yours is running? Any problems with mito-02? I was thinking about doing the AUX idea as well but another member told he gets a bit of engine whine doing it this way. Also can you play your iTunes music through centafuse or do you need to convert it?

Its running great, the mito-02 is alright I get a little noise when the pc is booting but after it boots its relatively quiet there's a tiny bit of noise. I only hear it when the music is off. When you install it make sure you turn the knobs all the way up, that sends the full volume signal to the amp then you can adjust the volumeso from the PC. I can't say about the itunes question though I don't use itunes or their format. My library is all.mp3. Im sure centrafuse supports it though because everyone uses itunes, check the website it should list formats.

Forgive spelling or grammar posted from phone.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 05:17 AM

did you end up installing a FM/AM receiver or just going with no radio?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 07:57 AM

did you end up installing a FM/AM receiver or just going with no radio?
Right now I have no am/fm radio but I plan on buying a Usb radio module soon. I am using pandora at the moment. Someone created a centrafuse plugin then I just tether my phone and it works great when im driving around the city. I haven't tried it in a roaming area yet.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Kazshell, did you upgrade to Centrafuse 4?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:20 AM

was wondering the same and also are you liking the motherboard you chose, the same one was recommended to me?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:24 AM

i was also wondering if you do use evoscan how well do the gauges read? is there any delay in the readings are they pretty steady or do they jump all over the place (my aem wideband is ridiculous it is all over the place and the tech told me that that is normal you need to take the average of the readings which i find a bit unusual)?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by TOralliart
Kazshell, did you upgrade to Centrafuse 4?
I haven't yet, I want to but im afraid if I do some of my plugins wont work specifically GMPC
(Garmin mobile PC). Ill probably do it in a month or so, give 4.0 time to be a stable release.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:15 PM

was wondering the same and also are you liking the motherboard you chose, the same one was recommended to me?
Motherboard has been working great, I thought I was going to have heat issues initially but I have had that thing running in the hot Texas summer with no issues. The amount of Usb connections and not to mention the 2 Usb 3.0 a plus and the HDMI made the mobo more than satisfactory. The cpu and built in gfx are good to I run at full 1080p to the Lilliput.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:16 PM

i was also wondering if you do use evoscan how well do the gauges read? is there any delay in the readings are they pretty steady or do they jump all over the place (my aem wideband is ridiculous it is all over the place and the tech told me that that is normal you need to take the average of the readings which i find a bit unusual)?
I haven't had a chance to use evoscan on it yet. Im missing the cable...but soon hopefully.

Quick Reply: 2011 GSR Carputer