Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2011 GSR Carputer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jaymik, i started using windows 8 too. what clock app do you use if any and is there anyway to get the music to start right back where you left off when the car is turned off? im trying to get some gps going to with gmaps.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what clock app do you use
I just used the 1st one i found, its called "The Time". The numbers are kinda small when viewing from the start screen...but i've been reoccupied with other issues to deal with that right now.

is there anyway to get the music to start right back where you left off when the car is turned off?
Not that i know of. IMHO the xbox music player for windows 8 sucks. And i'm being patient, waiting for someone to make a better music app. Until then, i'm brushing up on my programming skills in visual studio 2012 to see if i can make my own music app.

im trying to get some gps going to with gmaps.
Same here. I bought a Sirf II GPS unit for Centrafuse back when it was an option. However, that unit does not work with Windows 8's built in location services. I'm still researching on that, but that will cost a little $. I want to get music figured out before then.

Also, if you are using a Lilliput screen, you will not be able to use the windows 8 built in gestures that are normally enabled with tablet PC's. This is because eGalax's touch screen driver uses the touch controller as a mouse. I've contacted eGalax with this issue and they said that they are working on a new driver for Windows 8. Please contact them as well, the louder we yell, the quicker they will work!

EDIT:
I just checked: the windows 8 Xbox music player does automatically start playing music when the PC starts up. I am hibernating the PC when the car is off. Maybe that's your issue?

Last edited by jaymik; Dec 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM.