Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DRL to fog light wiring success but...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRL to fog light wiring success but...

I changed over my DRL bulbs to amber, then my wiring in the relay box was a success (bringing the fogs to the headlight assy after the delete). But, now I have to overcome the fact that the fogs only come on with the headlights. I know the fogs are controlled by a computer, but i need to know what tells the computer that the headlights are on. if anyone could please give me the wire diagram for HID headlights, switch, computer and the lights????

Thanx in advance
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:57 PM

how hard is the switch? and can you get any other bulbs in there?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:41 PM

switch was easy, I just order some amber 1156 bulbs, and the wiring in the relay box is easy, now I just gotta figure out how to turn them on without have the headlights on. when I'm all done, I'll make a "how to". Just need that wire diagram
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

So are you trying to flip the roles of the DRL's and the fogs? So when you drop the e-brake, the fogs will come on and when you turn of the fog switch the DRL's come on?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:36 PM

fog lights have been deleted... switched the DRLs to amber, trying to use those as my new "fogs". need a way to shut them off during the day, Ive figured a way to hook them to my :"fog" switch, need a way to turnn on fogs withot having headlights on, using factory column switches
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:27 PM

You may be able to use what we use on the Outlander/RVR, its a tool for the Citroen C-Crosser/Peugeot 4007 called Lexia.
Since the ECUs on the Lancer/EVO/Outlander/RVR are practically the same, it should work on all of them.
I disabled DRLs on my Outlander and enabled Independent fogs (well with positioning lights)
Here is the link (see post #6 for actual device):
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...ization-40223/

Perhaps see if somebody near you has the tool to confirm if it works on the EVO X/Lancer. That way you guys don't have to wire stuff.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:37 PM

thanx... i'll have to see if i can find one... it'd be good if access port gave you this kind of programming ability!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:17 PM

Yes, the ECU definitely has the exact same options across the current Lancer/EVO/Outlander/RVR line. I have verified this from the service manuals from all of them. They even have the same pinouts/connectors (give or take a few wires difference). I can enable options on the Outlander that are only on the Lancer/EVO because the coding list is identical for the ECU.
The only issue I see is if the tool checks for the Outlander. We know it works on the Outlander/RVR so far, but it may not on other cars.
I have it in Vancouver BC if anybody wants to try, but I take no responsibility if it breaks your car.