Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Head Unit/Amp install problems..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Unit/Amp install problems..

Picked up a Pioneer SPH-DA01 Stereo and an Alpine PDX-F4 4-Channel Amp. First off the head unit only has one set of RCA Outputs, so had to Y them off to connect to the four channels. Used the wiring harness to connect the speaker wire from the amp to the cars factory wiring and have two sets of RCAs running from the head unit to the amp. First problem is that theres no sound coming from any of the speakers. Checked the fuses messed around with the wiring trying different ways of connecting.... nothing. Second problem, the amp has a status light which is blue if its running normal and red if its power supply voltage is too high, or has an abnormal circuit.... Any ideas? I though about just running speaker wire directly to each speaker from the amp, but wasnt sure if that would solve anything.. Even if it did, still have the issue with the amp..
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:25 AM

I had the same propblem when I tried to install my Alpine INA-W900. I messed with it for a while, long story short I ended up taking it to Best Buy because I could not figure it out either. They told me that I had actually hooked up the amp wrong and if it would of turned on it would of caught fire. I would say unless you have a friend that can help you take it a an audio place.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:28 AM

Yea I brought the amp to the place I bought it from, they tested the amp and it turned out there's was a fault somewhere. Got a new one and it worked perfectly. Thanks!!