Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

My Installation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:52 AM
k1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Installation

I'll be documenting a bit more. I'm terrible at taking photos while I do ****, however, I will attempt to get some photos of the finished product.

I currently own and operate a 2011 WW MR-T

What I have so far:

CarPC running Centrafuse (Giada i5 machine, 2gb of ram, SSD)
- JoyconEX for steering wheel controls
- Carnetix 2140 (currently dead, on RMA) PSU
- Capacitive Lilliput Touchscreen (wtb jdm dash)

JL Audio XD400/4 for high/mids.

In my opinion, the install itself is creative/meritorious. I have the actual PC mounted in the glovebox, USB piped under drivers seat for the high/mid amp. I extended all of the wires I am using in the factory harness so that I can pull the amp into the backseat a bit and adjust it should I need to. All connections are soldered/heat shrunk (took forever).

I use a lot of the wiring harness components (things like line-in r/l, etc, that aren't in use obviously with a carPC or alternate amp) to send things like remotes, etc, across the vehicle. I am going to be installing some improved low-end (2 12W7s firing inwards in custom fiberglass enclosures) eventually, and I am going to send the RCA to the back using the existing subwoofer wiring, and the remote turn-on as well.

I am going to be installing the low amplifiers directly under the parcel shelf, in the plasti-wall where the fluids/battery are kept, or under the spare tire false floor.

If anyone has any questions about CarPCs, clever installation, etc, let me know.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:58 AM

you gonna run 2 12W7s? thats crazy! i had 2 in my RSX but it was too much and stuff started falling apart from all the vibration so i took one out and had just one of them running for a few years.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:30 PM
k1

Originally Posted by shawnburch
you gonna run 2 12W7s? thats crazy! i had 2 in my RSX but it was too much and stuff started falling apart from all the vibration so i took one out and had just one of them running for a few years.
1 or 2, not certain yet. That's what the gain knob is for
The weight would be my biggest reason not to run 2.
Also, what kind of enclosure were you running? I will be rolling sealed, 1.3ft^3 of volume.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:05 AM

i had a gain knob but i like a lot of bass so i had it half way turned up all the time but it was still too much after a few years. im planning on just putting a 10" in the evo but im still debating it.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Before the PSU died did you manage to get the Joycon EX controls working? Are you also using the bluetooth?

I'm about to embark on a car PC project and would like to incorporate these into the setup.

Thanks