Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Keyless (KOS) Start Removal HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless (KOS) Start Removal HELP!

Not sure this is the right forum, however I'll start here...

I am getting near ready to start my track car after months of building and am getting the annoying Service Key indicator and cannot even crank over or attempt to start the car! I basically want to if possible delete all of it..

If anyone has built a track car or wired in a "remote start" please PM me with info to keep the answer out of the hands of the wrong people. I am reading service manuals, however it could take days to figure this out!

You can see from my pic I need help getting rid of as much as this mess as possible!

Thanks!

Old Oct 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most of the wiring for an alarm or remote start just splices into the loom, so you should be able to just yank all of those..

for the few that may go into an actual cut wire, look for the wires that just feed directly into an open-ended wire and re-attatch the loose ends of the loom and you should be good.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:10 AM

Yes it does seem possible from everything I have read. I am just trying to find the pinout or instructions as to which wires need to be spliced into an if they need to b switched to ground or 12v...

I would assume remote start modules come with some type of instructions vehicle specific? Trial and error is a bit scary, don't want to fry my ecu!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you don't need to splice anything that hasn't been, you need to un-splice the ones that have already. the only risk you would be running would be not correctly mending those spliced wires, and having something ground when it shouldn't. Im not too sure about every alarm, but mine allows my car to be fully operational if the brain is removed, proving that splicing does not affect the wiring integrity.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:37 PM

Well from everything i have read it seems an immobilizer bypass module is needed to connect to the can bus and start the car without the kos components... I cannot find any way to simply wire grounds or 12v connections to start the car... Hoping to be proven wrong!