Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2011 Evo MR bluetooth and iPhone 4S issue...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Evo MR bluetooth and iPhone 4S issue...

I'm having an issue with my 2011 Evo MR and connecting it to the stock bluetooth system. I can pair it and it will add it, but as soon as I try to make a call or play music it switches back the the phone.

For music, the display shows my album and track number...and i can control volume and choose track..but the music comes out my phone...

For a phone call, i can tell it to call or dial a number, and it do it, but i wont hear it ring from my speakers..and when it finally connects to the other person...it drops the call and it switches to my phone speaker.

I've tried to reset the phone, delete and add the phone over and over again. turn the car off, etc... i ran out of ideas so I'm asking here (hopefully in the right thread, sorry if not)

please help. I honestly can't figure it out and just to let ya'll know. My girlfriend has and iphone 4 and i used the have the iphone 3GS.. and they both worked....

has anybody else gotten this issue or issues with a iphone 4s and their car? curious if i just have to wait for an update from apple? or get a firmware update from mitsu? not quite sure...but i know the culprit is most likely the iPhone 4S. thanks in advanced guys.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it is most likely IOS5 (the phones operating system) not being compatible with the cars bluetooth system.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:28 PM

Not that this helps but my Iphone 4S has no issues with the bluetooth in my '11 MR.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-firmware.html
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by SwissMTNAlien
Not that this helps but my Iphone 4S has no issues with the bluetooth in my '11 MR.
it does help, because i've been researching and a lot of people say that its the IOS5 thats messing up..but my gf has an iPhone4 with the new IOS5 and it works fine. I'm starting to think its actually my phone. I need to go over to my friends house with the same phone as mine and see if its really my phone or what. Thanks for your comment.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe IOS 5.0 and 5.01 are different?

Last edited by digitalskillz; Jan 8, 2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:55 AM

*update....since its been a while and I believe there was an update (to the iphone not the car) it has been working all of a sudden. I can get call's and listen to my music/podcast. I do experience the occasional drop out or non-connection signal..but that can be expected once in a while. Never happened with the 3GS though. But that's the nature of electronics... with different things being updated here and there...its almost impossible to make things perfectly compatible with each other...

My advice to those experiencing problems...if you tried everything else...-re-syncing...turning off and on. delete and adding over and over..I mean almost EVERYTHING... then you might just have to wait for an update from either the phone (most likely the phone) or the car's bluetooth system. my 2 cents.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:24 PM

Really.....
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ToMinLA
Really.....
yes.....really...why? does yours still not sync up right?