Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Anyone know a similar headunit to the JVC Kameleon Headunit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know a similar headunit to the JVC Kameleon Headunit

My buddy had an Audi back in college with this headunit. He had the one with the dedicated bottom row with the separate sub control option. I loved the stealth look and cleanness of the unit, so I opted for the version that had a pop out bottom row, so I could go full stealth, except it didn't have the sub control.

Anyways, I still feel like that was the coolest headunit around. Just my preference. The problem is I sold the head unit five years ago with the Supra, and I believe when I bought it the unit was older and hard to find, so now I am wondering, are there any similar units out there that are simple and like the Kameleon? I would even consider buying the original unit if I could find one, but on second thought, it doesn't have an ipod/3mm jack, so that kills that possibility. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

i actually have the new kameleon series. mine is pretty stealthy, looks exactly as it does in the audi din when shut off, you also have a tilt feature so it doesnt have to be completely straight.

tbh tho, my uncle has the old one i believe the same one as you did except without the knob and i prefer that over mine.

anyway sorry for rambling on but check out the new kameleon series they have double din's and single.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:38 PM

Yeah the new ones are ok but aren't they expensive, and I don't really need a dvd player.