Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

JDM Kit ..avic z140bh , metra aswc issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013 | 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

JDM Kit ..avic z140bh , metra aswc issues

Ok guys I got 2 underlying issues.

1) I got a nasty gap between my avic z140bh.. the radio sits a little out from the kit itself.. and it has maybe about 2mm gap between the top of the radio and the dash kit. I'll upload pictures later.

Question is how can I fill this void?
and could I make this fit more flush?

2) I have the ASWC. I got the full steering wheel controls but the sucker works partially with the blue tooth controls. The stock blue tooth control module is disconnected. The issue is it seems that not all the controls are mapped correctly.
Anybody have a clue how to set this up? I heard various people having success with it.

Anyhow I appreciate any help on this.
Old Apr 5, 2013 | 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Hey

Sorry to hijack, but I had my HU installed professionally to avoid any gaps...I'll try to see if I can a hold of the person who installed it and see what they did...

I'm having problems with my ASWC as well...when working, all of the steering wheel controls work, except for the phone buttons; volume/ mode/ all work...however, I have been having some issues with it working recently. There are times when they just don't work and only when I shut the car off and restart do they work again...
Old Apr 5, 2013 | 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akemi27
Hey

Sorry to hijack, but I had my HU installed professionally to avoid any gaps...I'll try to see if I can a hold of the person who installed it and see what they did...

I'm having problems with my ASWC as well...when working, all of the steering wheel controls work, except for the phone buttons; volume/ mode/ all work...however, I have been having some issues with it working recently. There are times when they just don't work and only when I shut the car off and restart do they work again...
I am really thinking of ditching this and switching to the pac.

If you could yeah double check your guys.. I might go to a car audio install place and see if they can fix this for me