Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

CompuStar Remote Start/Alarm/Drone review (2014 GSR+FAST Key)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compputer star!!!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ancyker
Maybe if enough of us ask compustar they'll make a solution?
Originally Posted by Ancyker

Though if you don't care about the alarm, don't get it. Just get the remote start package. You can buy it independent of the alarm.

I was not allowed to install the remote start on the manual without the security system. For me, it is extremely frustrating that the FastKey unlock and compustar unlock are not considered both acceptable. For me, this also means I can only unlock the driver door with the compustar remote and cannot open the passenger lock until I am inside the vehicle (when using remote start).
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dasmikechen
I was not allowed to install the remote start on the manual without the security system. For me, it is extremely frustrating that the FastKey unlock and compustar unlock are not considered both acceptable. For me, this also means I can only unlock the driver door with the compustar remote and cannot open the passenger lock until I am inside the vehicle (when using remote start).
When my 2014 was totaled after someone pulled out in front of me, I ended up with a 2015. I opted not to get the CompuStar this time because of the lack of proper FastKey integration.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kosteniuks17
Dude I have a compustar remote start+alarm and have some minor things I don't like about the programming. But in the end I still think its better than the Viper system. Oh and contacting Compustar gets you no where. I have emailed them several times about things I think they need to improve or fix and they have never emailed me back. Thats one thing that really pissed me off.
I think you might be emailing the wrong person. What email are you using?

Email me, and i will respond

Dfellers@compustar.com

I didn't even know this thread existed. I will answer all questions and concerns.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:55 AM

Man, Reading all your posts. I don't know who you guys are speaking to about the features. Let me make some things clear here.

EVO with Fast Key:
http://compustar.idatalink.com/searc...hicle_id=17218

Using the above bypass module with a Firstech FT-7000AS-CONT. The bypass module will give you "Aftermarket Alarm Control From OEM Remote". This will allow you to arm/disarm the Compustar using the factory remote in any state.

To unlock all doors with an aftermarket system (since it's default with Drivers Door Priority), you can do 1 of 2 things: 1) Retain the factory setting so you will have to hit unlock twice on the aftermarket remote to unlock all doors. 2) Program "Double Pulse Unlock" and this will send a secondary unlock pulse from the bypass module to unlock all the doors after the drivers door unlocks.

There is a ton of Pro's and only 2 con's with our integration solution: 1) the button on the handle for fast key convenience doesn't communicate with exisiting CanBus system so we can't determine the behavior 2) during "takeover" the vehicle thinks the key is not in the car and you get a message saying the key is missing

Feel free to ask questions. You guys can email me direct at Dfellers@compustar.com.

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
dasmikechen (Apr 4, 2016)
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by evoxsteez
Sorry to revive and hijack this thread lol but what product would you guys recommend for a 2014 GSR with fast key, all I want to do is remote start the car & nothing else... don't mind carrying two key fobs..
FT-7200S-CONT
BLADE-AL
RF-1WG6-AM for entry level 1way

or

RF-1WG9-SP for long range 1way

Check out

www.compustar.com and pick your transmitter.
The following users liked this post:
dasmikechen (Apr 4, 2016)
Old Apr 4, 2016, 04:09 PM

Just an update, through an setting update via my remote, TurboNubCake was able to remove the alarm functionality disconnecting the brain from my lock position so to speak. This allows me to use my FASTKey but I lose the two-way page capability for alarms. This is pretty much a more desirable situation for me as I don't want to dig my key out of my pocket to unlock the door when the car has been started. Should also help when needing to take it in for service or other issues like that. Thanks again sir!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 04:58 PM

No problem.

If you ever want to alarm back just call me. If you want the system to work with the fast key button, there is an advanced method to get it to work. We have analog programmable inputs that will take a (-) signal in to arm and disarm the alarm system. You'll just need a qualified installer to find those wire in the car.

=)