Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Hks Camp 2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hks Camp 2

Anyone running one yet? I'm sorta interested and like that fact that it intergrates with their Standalone ECU products.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Anyone running one yet? I'm sorta interested and like that fact that it intergrates with their Standalone ECU products.
just got it running on my x. everything's in english which is a treat and i managed to get an extra oil pressure and oil temp sensor in there too.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by countdokoo
just got it running on my x. everything's in english which is a treat and i managed to get an extra oil pressure and oil temp sensor in there too.
Sweet! Can you data log over time and d/l it to a laptop for analysis? What are you monitoring now? Do you also have the fconn connected?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by countdokoo

Would you please post somewhat extensively on it's features, ease of install, ease of usage, and please tonnes of screen shots? This is one of the first mods I am going to make almost immediately upon collecting the car (along with a 4 way suspension).

Dan Law
DERMS Racing
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camp 2 is very functional and integrates well with the HKS IS and PRO ecus.

Sean
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
Camp 2 is very functional and integrates well with the HKS IS and PRO ecus.

Sean

Fantastic - can you provide us with some screen shots? Also hit me a PM please

Dan Law
DERMS Racing
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled

Please screenshots!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

CAMP 2 main menu. PAST helps you calculate fuel economy based on fuel cost, fuel used, distance travelled etc..GRAPH displays a graphical tabulation of the parameters you set. ANALOG displays readings in analog format. DIGITAL displays readings in digital format. F-CON supposingly allows you to monitor in real time the FI settings of the F-CON. SETUP allows you to customize the CAMP2.

Analog screen with 1 gauge and 6 digital readings. The analog/digital screen displays a maximum of 6 readings concurrently. The 1 gauge in the middle is the analog equivalent of the 1st gauge you set so you'll actually end up having 6 digital readings on this screen with the 1st reading having an analog equivalent displayed as well.

Analog screen with 3 gauges

Analog Select. Here's where you adjust the parameters for the 6 analog readings.

Digital screen with 6 digital readings.

Setup screen 1

Setup screen 2. You can customize the background of the main menu or gauge background here.

FCON section of the CAMP2. I dont have an FCON so I dont know how this will work out.

PAST section of the CAMP2. Apparently it helps to calculate fuel economy based one cost of fuel, distance traveled and other stuff but I havent had the time to set it up properly.

GRAPH section of the CAMP2. The 6 chosen parameters are displayed here. You choose when to start the graph by clicking on START and end it with STOP.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

this might sound like a dumb question....but how much would a set up like that cost ?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

I had an original CAMP and was happy with it even though it was pretty ancient by the time I got it.

Might pick up the sequel.

- Patrick
Old Apr 4, 2008, 03:24 PM

Count Dokoo thank you that was extremely informative! May I ask on either of the Analouge or Digital displays - which is my primary reaon for wanting this:

1. Can the screens be viewed with the vehicle in motion?

2. Can obvious alarms be set such that say a parametre will flash and change colour when exceeded?

Thanks,

Dan Law
DERMS Racing
Old Apr 4, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

This is awsome... Almost like what the GTR 34 & R35 has. Might be picking up one.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

I like the way that looks, I just might have to get that sometime in the near future...
Old Apr 4, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RKT SHP
this might sound like a dumb question....but how much would a set up like that cost ?
The whole setup cost me roughly USD $1200. (converted from Singapore dollars) I had to pay extra because I opted for the oil temperature/pressure sensors which required an extra I/F unit to function. If you just want the CAMP2 base unit, without the oil temp/pressure, you're looking at roughly USD $600.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DER MotorSports
Count Dokoo thank you that was extremely informative! May I ask on either of the Analouge or Digital displays - which is my primary reaon for wanting this:

1. Can the screens be viewed with the vehicle in motion?

2. Can obvious alarms be set such that say a parametre will flash and change colour when exceeded?

Thanks,

Dan Law
DERMS Racing
1. The screens can definately be viewed with vehicle in motion. However, whether or not music can be played with it on view is another question. I've heard of others who've installed it who've successfully managed to mix their audio and video channels to allow for CAMP2 viewing and the concurrent use of the FM radio/IPOD units.

Currently, I am only running CAMP2 exclusively on my crappy Clarion MAX675VD 1 AV input.. and i switch back to the main when i feel the need for music.

2. Im pretty sure that was part of the deal, about alarms sounding as demonstrated on the japanese website...

http://www.jdm-option.com/pr_HKS/Camp2/

But i've yet to figure that out.. I do know however that the CAMP2 keeps a PEAK record of every value that you've entered, so u know just how high your oil temp or water temp hit from the time you start the ignition till you off it.

Last edited by countdokoo; Apr 4, 2008 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Hks Camp 2