Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

reflashing with the Amazing Ecutek Evo X Flash Can - 30 easy whp!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTec
You sir are remembering incorrectly. It is entirely an apples to apples comparison. Vishnu extracted a minimum of 70 whp and 50 wtq on a mustang dyno. His Evo X was kind of young at the time of original baseline though but BONE STOCK before and after the tune. But 70 hp and 50 tq to the wheels on a mustang dyno is nothing to sneeze at and surely a BENCHMARK that will NOT be eclipsed on a stock Evo X anytime soon.

Although the comparing tunes from different tuners thing is in this thread, it should fire up a bit of competitiveness and old school rivalry. The type of threads that were common and wickedly exciting back in 2004 and 2005. Good luck.
I have no interest to work backwards with our car

Certainly in time we will reflash a stock X and see what gains the boost and tuning adjustments with the Ecutek can make on a totally stock car

In the meantime, our car had the intake and MBC and upper fmic so the gains were 100% ffrom ecu tuning and not boost adjustments

Today we are installing the fmic and doing more tuning

Al
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mean TT
Let me REITERATE:

Al, nice job being first in the market with this product. You have been a prolific servicer of the EVO community and I am sure you will continue to be.

I am only making the point that someone is paying for your skills, and experience. While an argument can certainly be made, and most would agree, that someone deserves compensation for decripting the ECU, those arguments weaken with time. The R&D has been put in, and 3 years from now, there will be many others who will do this same thing for less money. It is the market system at work. It is like saying that you need to buy a GLOVE to handle the BUGGY WHIP to drive the MULES, when the automobile had already been invented.

I will most likely be picking up an EVO X with 6 months and you will be the first person I contact to begin the process of extracting more power. I think that in the EVO community, where end user tunability is prized (rightly or wrongly), cost is an importnat factor, and the clientelle is well educated about other product offerings, this model will not be around in 2 years.

Time will tell, but I strongly believe that in a few years you will be utilizing another method for your services.

I am curious to get your opinion on one thing however. Initially we heard that the intakes were making power due to the ability to lean out the a/f ratio. Do you have any indication as the the power potential of these products as a standalone item when both subject cars are equally well tuned? I know that you have close relationships with many people in the community so I don't want to put you in a bad position - but I believe it was buscher who said that intaked on the IX were pointless until very high levels of powere were being made.

Thanks for your assistance!
Thanks for your thoughtful comments

I am suprized myself just how busy I remain tuning Evo 8's and IX's despite the advent of so called "open source" tools - not to mention Subarus

The experience I have is that mopst customers want a dyno tune and professional experience to tune their car

It seems only 10 - 15% of the market is so called a "self tuner" who does not want any professional tuning guidance

On the Subaru side, the open source and Ecutek compete head to head and all of my customers get the Ecutek after i explain the advantages it affords in terms of a tuning tool

Working at a full range facility, I see how other types of customers are - like the M5 owners - non of them have interest of what is in their ecu or how it works all they want is power

Time will tell how the Evo X owner differs if any as a group over the Evo 8 owner

Al
Old Apr 16, 2008, 06:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
This thread is about Dynoflash tuning the Evo X. Can we please leave comparisons to other vendors out of it?

Dave makes an excellent point in that Al's boost was already raised.

At the end of the day, a 2.0 liter engine with a 15G turbo will only make what physics dictate that it can.

Please let Al report his work as other vendors can report theirs and not go back to 2004 with the vendor fighting lunacy.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
On of the many benefits of the licensing fee structure of Ecutek is that on the Subaru side when a new ecu version comes out they usually have support for it in a matter of days.

When I was workingf with tech tom ion the old days it took sending the ecu to Japan to get a rom pulled and then weeks and months to sort out how it works.

AL
Thats what I was telling Noize, just have to dump the rom and let EcuTek create a new deffinition for it. At most I would figure a few days turn around, unless mitsu makes some major changes mid stream and moves around tables.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
It cause everyone wants something for nothing and then expect to get good service in return. I am willing to pay to have good service. I am the guy that does not haggle but expects to be treated fairly and have good service from where I buy. Then there are the people that want to pay what you have in something or less and then expect all the good service too. My best customer are the ones that pay MSRP and I will always treat them that way and they will always talk good about me and be happy with their purchase. My worst customers are the ones that shop me for two weeks and then ask for all the extra stuff at delivery and I will never be able to make them happy no matter what I do. Then when ever something is not right they make a big deal about it and talk bad about you. But I have realized you have to take the good with the bad, although it seems like there is more bad.

Al good job with ECU so far. I am exicted to see what the next few days bring!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Good Job, keep up the good work.
Were working on the reflashing this weekend. I'm sure the results will be similar.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

For me something like this is great, I don't want to screw around for 50 hours trying to learn a car, I have a job that pays me so I can pay others for there skills. I could build my own home too but why not leave it upto the pros? I trust people like Al, David, Shiv, and Andrew that know there stuff to tune my car.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 01:58 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
OT stuff removed as requested. Please stay on topic.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Any new updates with the X flash in regards to the cel issues? I'm looking forward to getting mine done. Just want to make sure there hasn't been any reliability issues. The last thing I would want to do is blow up my new car? My wife would divorce me.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by packrat
Any new updates with the X flash in regards to the cel issues? I'm looking forward to getting mine done. Just want to make sure there hasn't been any reliability issues. The last thing I would want to do is blow up my new car? My wife would divorce me.
al,
i have the same question. new x on the way. is that ecutec working well? have you heard of any problems with the software? give us an update.