Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Dyno4mance EcuTeK tuning on Noize's car. Results inside

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
Dyno4mance remapped the car with the UR dp and test pipe with mini muffler. It is up to 290whp and 280wtq.

The EcuTeK maps now include the Mitsubishi reflash specs included, so that's nice as well.
Very nice piece of information!
Old May 10, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno4mance remapped the car with the UR dp and test pipe with mini muffler. It is up to 290whp and 280wtq.

The EcuTeK maps now include the Mitsubishi reflash specs included, so that's nice as well.
What do you think would get you over 300 on the DD. Great #'s by the way!
Old May 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, and some people have said that the DP did not really do much on the X. Then again who knows how much of that # was due to the test pipe as well....

Would be kind of interesting to so what happened without the DP, but I would imagine that you are in no hurry to pull it back off after what you went through to get it on.

So whats next? The numbers are actually pretty impressive as is, but from what I understand you are only running a TB exhaust, drop in filter and a tune? Are you going to add anything else such as IC piping oa new IC? Just curious as to how far you are going to take this one.
Old May 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Man, I typed out a nice reply, but am on my wife's laptop, and the frakking browser ate it because I didn't have the "remember me" box ticked.

Anyway, a few things to share:

1) Power is up globally from 3500rpm to the 7500rpm rev limiter.
2) Peak power is from 6000rpm to the rev limiter.
3) With the addition of the test pipe and downpipe, the car spools noticeably quicker.
4) Bruce has a ton of time mapping this car; He and Andrew have been working pretty hard on it. It has 64 pulls on it so far.
5) Boost still tapers to 16psi by redline. I have been reluctant to let Andrew replace the boost pill in the line with a smaller internal diameter one, but I am ready to let them try it next time.
6) This engine allows leaner AFRs on pump gas (while continuing to make power)than the 4G63 does.
7) Injector duty cycles are in the 90% range. With a little more power, there could be fueling issues.
8) The rev limiter needs to go up. I think an extra 300-400rpm would really help this car a ton, as it still peaks on the current limiter.

As far as extra mods are concerned, I'm going to roll like this for awhile. I think Bruce has a little magic left with Mivec and boost taper management with a different pill.
Old May 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

keep in the info coming. Would love to see the boost hold longer and the Mivec tweaked.
Old May 10, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good deal. I was kind of wondering what your duty cycles were given what some others have found. Has anyone come up with a drop in pump yet? I think that I have read where the good ol' walbro 255 does not just drop right on it as it did on the VIII and IX. The injectors are pretty good size so I would hazzard to guess that the stock pump is not keeping up....
Old May 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
Account Disabled

Great info, keep it up.
Old May 11, 2008, 06:25 PM
EvoM Administrator

Graphs. Up almost 70whp on a Dyno Dynamics from a TBE and flash so far.

Old May 11, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Graphs. Up almost 70whp on a Dyno Dynamics from a TBE and flash so far.
you still have the MBC and works drop-in i presume? did you let andrew adjust mivec and put in a different pil with this setup? any developments on ecu based boost control?
Old May 11, 2008, 07:56 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
you still have the MBC and works drop-in i presume? did you let andrew adjust mivec and put in a different pil with this setup? any developments on ecu based boost control?
Its been ECU boost control since last time. They disconnected the MBC. Filter is still in, but post tune, there is not a lot of reason to, other than its washable and sounds kind of cool.

Bruce has been tuning it. He has adjusted Mivec since the start, but would like to work with that more. No pill yet.
Old May 11, 2008, 11:14 PM
Account Disabled

The power is looking great. You think intercooler upgrades with pipes will make a big difference? It did for Buschur.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:25 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Sky Evo X
The power is looking great. You think intercooler upgrades with pipes will make a big difference? It did for Buschur.
I think it did because it leaned the car out. At that point, their car had not been tuned yet.

I really like Buschur stuff and the staff there is awesome, but I am not looking to cut or remove my undertray at this point. I also am out of mod money at this point.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Its been ECU boost control since last time. They disconnected the MBC. Filter is still in, but post tune, there is not a lot of reason to, other than its washable and sounds kind of cool.

Bruce has been tuning it. He has adjusted Mivec since the start, but would like to work with that more. No pill yet.
Call me lazy as I haven't read the entire thread but what are your impressions of the ECU's boost control?

I have the same modifications and was planning on getting my car tuned shortly but wanted to retain the factor boost solenoid's functionality.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:44 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Call me lazy as I haven't read the entire thread but what are your impressions of the ECU's boost control?

I have the same modifications and was planning on getting my car tuned shortly but wanted to retain the factor boost solenoid's functionality.
I love it. I wouldn't go back to MBC unless I had to.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

I love it. I wouldn't go back to MBC unless I had to.
That's fantastic. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Dyno4mance EcuTeK tuning on Noize's car. Results inside